I'm going home! I have questions

Hi best coasters!! JIC anyone here doesn’t know me. I’ve lived in FL for almost 4 years now and hit WDW almost weekly. But for the first 48 years of my life DLR was home and is still my true love.

Well in 40 days I’m going home!!! I really needed to see Rogers: The Musical with all my heart and soul!

But we haven’t been since 2019 so I have some questions. Please help me make my homecoming truly awesome for us! There will be more I’m sure but here are my first couple!

1. We always drove! How do we get from LAX to Paradise Pier Hotel? (For 3 adults and luggage)

2. Is the new DCA entrance for PPH a good idea? What time should we head over to make the most of EE?

14 Likes

This is who we used in October. They were excellent! We found them through Yelp.

3 Likes

We’ve taken an uber/Lyft. It’s surprisingly affordable. You’d need an XL, but still doable.

3 Likes

Have never used them so I’m a little intimidated :astonished: :rofl:

3 Likes

I was wary of ride share too (as you know I am wary of everything that is new) but it’s easy. You may be able to find a promo code for Lyft Pink. We got it free for a month with a promo and it provided discounts and free priority pickup for an XL vehicle in January at WDW. We used it for airport transfers and to/from WDW locations for an offsite portion of the trip and it was quite convenient. In April we paid the $9.99 monthly fee to use it again for airport transfers. In the app you can see the vehicle assigned to you on the map and the license plate #, make and model. It’s easier than G+ and ILLs so you will be fine if you go that route.

5 Likes

These guys are a flat fate which we really liked since we don’t use rideshare. FYI

3 Likes

We have used Anaheim Towncar (JAG Transportation) all 3 trips to DL. They are fantastic. In February when our flight was cancelled for the early morning, I emailed and called them and left a message. They assured me that a driver would be there to pick us up, no problem after what was now an evening arrival.

We don’t use ride share.

4 Likes

In February, we were at the Grand Californian. We were in line for security at about 6:40, security opened at 7:00 as I remember. That put us near the front of the line to go through the tapstiles for DL.

2 Likes

Woo Hoo! Sounds like a great trip!
Last summer we stayed at PPH and used the special entrance. At that time it was brand new so not many people were using it. We arrived about 20-30 minutes before EE and there were about 25 or so people ahead of us. Personally, I like being able to start in Paradise Pier so for me this privilege was a huge perk.

4 Likes

I’ve heard wonderful things about the show, I think you’re going to love it.

I’ve always used car services coming in from LAX, but the one I normally recommend, @Jeff_AZ had a problem with on one of his trips.

Just as a point of reference then, for $114, one way, we use Car Service LAX to Disneyland - Flat Rates. Child Seats Available

We haven’t ubered from LAX before so can’t spek to that, but we use UBER/LYFT at least twice daily in WDW.

I can’t help about the special mentrance as that’s new-ish, but sounds like @MomofVron had good luck with it.

2 Likes

I don’t think it was me that had the bad experience with the car service. I have only used car service at LAX for work and it has always been fine.

1 Like

What airline are you flying on? This makes a huge difference because all the rideshares pick up from a single location near the Southwest Airlines gates.

3 Likes

My mind is playing tricks on me then. Someone was just saying on another thread they had a bad experience with it and for some reason my brain blamed said it was you.

I’m sorry then! I’m normally much better about vendett…err…remembering when someone has a bad experience with one of my referrals.

3 Likes

Found it, it was @mathhound! My apologies Jeff!

3 Likes

The Math had me confused :rofl:

2 Likes

You know what — it actually worked out pretty well! It spits you out in a spot that is best for rope dropping Pixar Pier, but you can get to Avengers Campus pretty easily as well. We left our hotel at about 7:10, were lined up at the entrance by 7:18am, and were in the park by 7:30am for early entry.

The GCH entrance is probably the best, but PPH is second most convenient. (DLH is farther away but much better amenities and rooms than PPH.)

5 Likes

Delta

This is my favorite but the rate DD got for us at PPH was just too good to pass up! It’s less than any of the Harbor hotels :grin:

Thanks for the tip on the new entrance. Will use it for EE at least 1 day. Will see where we want to start on the last day :grin:

3 Likes

Ok, Delta isn’t too bad. You follow the red arrow in the map below along the terminal sidewalk and then cross Sky Way to the “LAX-It” rideshare area (red X). (You can also take the internal shuttle that loops around.) They have numbered stops for Uber, Lyft, and others. You reserve a ride in any of those apps and you will be assigned a pick-up location. Then away you go.

I’ve walked from Terminal 4 and 5 before and that is the furthest from the rideshare area (called “LAX-It”) and even that wasn’t horrible with just one carry-on sized bag. If you have more than one bag or one very large one, I would consider a car service. A car service can pick you up at the Terminal 3 Arrivals curb.

On your return trip from Anaheim, your rideshare driver will take you all the way to the Terminal 3 Departures curb, so I always recommend rideshare on the return trip.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!

New question!

Wondrous Journeys, since I booked the trip I’ve been checking everyday to get an idea of what day fireworks are included. They have been listed everyday! Is this because it’s summer? We will only be there Mon-Thurs, is there a chance those nights will all just be the projections?

I’m honestly fine either way, just would like to know if we should plan for a certain night?

2 Likes

I think of those nights, Monday is most likely to have fireworks, but probably none of them. By the time school starts getting back in session, they will cut back on nightly entertainment. Crossing my fingers for you!

If fireworks are running, check out World of Color. I haven’t seen One but I really love WoC in general.

1 Like