I'm getting permanently laid off 2 weeks after my 10th anniversary at work

The kitty, Rocket, is usually really good in the car… so maybe she wouldn’t mind toooo much? We could do like an overnight in a hotel half way through. Maybe I’d just have to get her used to car rides and practice them a few times a week.

I’m not sure what kind of job I am looking for. My current job is in insurance… which… I never wanted but just ended up with. It paid well and had amazing benefits… But I think it would be nice to get away from a desk and do something on my feet. (Like a Vlog!!)
Even manual labor of some kind doesn’t sound too bad haha. I don’t know… we’ll have to see what is available.

1 Like

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Yes, staying positive is something I’m usually pretty good at. It’s been hard though. I found out about a month ago. But I’m doing better and am at least looking forward to not doing this type of work anymore.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this.

Take some time to process it and then you can start thinking about the next chapter of your career. Sounds like maybe this is a good time for a change.

1 Like

Thank you. That is what I’m hoping.

Ouch! You have my sympathies, and commiseration- I was laid off in Jan from a job where I had just delivered a very successful project in time for an amazing 4th quarter- but then the parent company, which hadn’t had such a great year since covid, cut the budget so tight they had to let 30% of us go. I wish you much pixie dust in the finding of your next adventure! Onward and upward!

2 Likes

I’m sorry! I hope you find something else really soon.

1 Like

Oh man, that is really rough. Nothing like making you feel unappreciated…
Thank you for the pixie dust! I hope you have since found a new job or whatever it is you are looking for!

Thank you!!

1 Like

I’m sorry that this is happening to you. I hope it prompts the beginning of something new and wonderful!

1 Like

Thank you, me too!

I’m so sorry to hear this. Jolted me right out of my first-world-liner-problem mope about having to give up my backup HS park reservations because AK was filling up for our week. Glad that you have a little cushion while looking. Best wishes for finding an even better job!

1 Like

Awww, well, yeah sometimes it’s good to take a step back and appreciate things. But I also get it, I want my WDW trips to be perfect too :slight_smile:

Ugh, I am sorry. It’s tough. I hope the next chapter brings you more fulfillment when you find it.

1 Like

Thank you!!

So sorry to hear this! I hope your next job you will like better then the last. I’m a firm believer in everything happens for a reason, sometimes it just takes some time. Hang in there!

2 Likes

Thank you! I try to feel that way too, that things happen for a reason.

1 Like

I second Randall’s suggestion. Seriously.

I would in half a heartbeat if my DS and I could find a way to make peace with the humidity.

I’m sorry for the cruddy news. Good luck with wherever you path takes you! <3

1 Like

I know, it’s sooooo tempting!! The heat would be rough on me too. Also… i’m afraid of alligators. But I could make it work!

1 Like

Legit fear!

I’ve been in your shoes and I hope you land on your feet with a job that you enjoy soon.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m guessing you landed on your feet, so that is nice to hear!

1 Like