Illuminations Dining Package at Rose & Crown

Has anyone actually done this? If so, I have some questions:

(1) What is on the prix-fixe menu? We used to enjoy dining at the Rose & Crown for Illuminations a few years ago, but the only item my son would eat was the steak, which they have removed from their dinner menu, so we stopped going. I’m not sure the prix-fixe menu will work for us.
(2) Is the porch area with the covered awning still available to regular diners (not purchasing the package?) The WDW website says that you will be seated on the “Lakefront Patio” and that “the venue is uncovered and outdoors”. It sounds like a different spot to me.
(3) Does your credit card get billed in advance for this event?

Please advise if you’ve done this. Thanks!

I was reading about it. This is a pretty good explanation with pictures. I love pictures!

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-illuminations-dining-package-at-rose-crown-pub-at-epcot/

2 Likes

2 - As I understand it, they can stand in AN area, but not the area that used to be available for anyone.

3 - Yes. It is pre-paid.

1 Like

Josh sure doesn’t paint it as a must do!

Thank you so much! The blogs gave great information on all of the dining packages and dessert parties for fireworks! Even though we have done the HEA party several times in the past, I am having trouble justifying the ever increasing cost of attending another one. We don’t consume a lot of alcohol, and my son doesn’t really care for desserts! It is nice to enjoy the fireworks in a sectioned off area without a “shoulder kid” (as Josh labels them) in front of you though! It has always been one of my biggest pet peeves on our trips!

3 Likes

Based off of that review, I’d find a better viewing spot. :grimacing:

2 Likes

No matter how people feel about Josh, he pays a lot of attention to detail. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant to reply to you to thank you for this post, but I inadvertently replied to someone else! Thanks for all of the great info!

1 Like

It’s gotten pretty positive reviews on the DIS from multiple people, especially as it has gone on. I don’t know if they have trimmed the hedge or if he is “vertically challenged” - or just did not figure out that he is allowed to stand.

Part of it may well be that this review was VERY early in the run of this package - possibly the first night - and I am sure it takes a while to get the timing down. All reports of late have been much more positive about the timing (I’m sure as he guessed their delay with the first course taking pictures, etc. slowed his service down.)

2 Likes

I did this at the beginning of March with my family. It was a cold night so we were seated on the upper level which was covered and there were heaters. There was no one sitting below on the patio since it was in the 40s that evening. The menu included: Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash, Corn Beef and Cabbage, and Scottish Salmon. You also get to pick an appetizer and then get an assortment of desserts. We enjoyed ourselves. You also get unlimited alcoholic beverages which we did partake in. You do pay for this in advance. In fact, we did not have to even sign anything before we left.

2 Likes