ILL rides without ILL…?

When we went in November/December, we did not buy any ILLs. The only one we didn’t ride was FEA by choice. We rode 7dmt during the fireworks, Space at rope drop and right after the fireworks, MMMR in the evening and morning, RotR before rope drop because it opens early, FoP at rope drop, EE in the AM and TT in the mid afternoon. We did Remy by VQ. We only bought G+ one day for the afternoon/evening at MK after spending the morning at HS to try it out. We did all the new rides (we hadn’t been there since before TSL opened), some multiple times.

Now things may have changed with what is ILL, I haven’t really caught up, as we don’t have any Disney trips planned anytime soon. I’m not really into paying extra for things I should be getting with my ticket. In fact, I’m kind of avoiding most amusement parks because I’m tired of the pay for the front of the line access and the costs for less at most parks that has been happening since before the pandemic. We are planning a possible 3 days at Universal next year, but we are staying off site and not buying express pass.

3 Likes

I made multiple HS APRs so that if Rise was down (it was the first day) I would have another chance (yay, I got on it).

5 Likes

We tried to RD Rise and it was down. We went to MMRR and then were still able to get in line for Rise before regular park opening. We did have a LL for SDD in the afternoon.

6 Likes

It’s amazing how quickly I have forgotten the details. I guess we need to go back and make more memories!

3 Likes

And soon!!

3 Likes

I’ve been watching the standby wait times at Rise for the past few weeks. They often drop to 15-20 minutes as closing time approaches.

This may be a more efficient use of time than fighting through the rope drop crowd. Early morning is way too crowed and stressful.

4 Likes

Can’t speak for anyone else but I am unwilling to ILL pay got rides that we have already done or can access through rope drop-

As far as WDW goes at this point ILL are not working for me…we are AP holders and do a couple trips per year so just not enough of a fan of RotR to pay extra. Had we not gotten the preview for GOTG I would have 100% paid.My experience with VB groups isn’t great, I loathe them and anything I can do to avoid those is preferred Tron will be the next ILL I consider. To be honest I think it was the VB Group process that completely turned me off from RoTR.

When we were planning DLR for a long weekend it was a completely different…we have never been and didn’t plan on returning anytime in in the near future - we had limited park time and many of our must do’s are only in California. At one point we were considering a VIP tour so we didn’t miss anything…

2 Likes

Amen!

3 Likes

We paid for Rise but that was it - rope dropped 7DMT and waited about half an hour each time, and rope dropped Remy from the International Gate and walked right on. Didn’t do FoP because the early entry hours were too early even for us. :laughing:

1 Like

The good news is that Len Testa said on a recent Disney Dish podcast that he does not believe that VQs will last long on GotG:CR (maybe 4 to 6 weeks) after full opening. Here’s hoping they are gone before my mid-July trip!

1 Like

I saw that and hope it’s true!!