ILL on a MVMCP ticket?

Hi all. DS and I will be at the Christmas party in just a couple of weeks but no regular MK ticket that day. I told DS to pick his top 3 ride choices for the party, and much to my surprise he said he really wants to do 7DMT…:woman_facepalming:t3: I don’t want to “waste” party time standing in the line for it when I know we will already have to wait for SM with the Christmas overlay. Will I be able to purchase an ILL for 7DMT for a time between 4-6pm when the park is still open to everyone? With just the two of us I don’t particularly mind shelling out that expense but I’m not sure ILL will be an option if we don’t have a “regular” MK ticket for the day.

You don’t need an APR for a park to buy an ILL there if you have hoppers. But you only have a party ticket?

Yes, we only have a party ticket with entry at 4pm. Party starts at 7. We are attending the party in the middle of our otherwise all UOR trip.

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea but I hope someone does.

Me too! :rofl: I’m trying to figure out what we can realistically do in those 3 hours before the official party starts at 7. During the party, priorities will be everything Christmas including the fireworks, 2nd parade, decorations and cookies/snacks, and the ride overlays on SM and as much I hate to say it…Tomorrowland Speedway…

1 Like

I see why you would hate to say that :joy:

1 Like

I’ve asked over on WDWMagic for you.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have been googling and looking for an answer to this and keep coming up with nothing…hmm…maybe an actual park ticket is necessary and a party ticket doesn’t allow eligibility to purchase an ILL?

When there was FP+ a party ticket allowed you to book FPs. There was no verification process, so you could book them for any time. Obviously in practice people booked for 3:30pm, 4:30pm & 5:30pm.

So that makes me think a party ticket should allow you to book an ILL or G+ rides for those 2 hours. It would be good to get confirmation though.

2 Likes

@Tall_Paul1 was going to do this on his trip but we’ll never know since he has mysteriously disappeared. :man_shrugging:

@OBNurseNH cautioned that she had heard someone claim that they lost one of their subsequent park days when they tried to get a LL on a party-only day. If you wanted to be 100% sure that wasn’t happening, you could have the CM at the tapstiles manually scan your party ticket rather than relying on your MB.

1 Like

This is what I have read: you can only get Genie + for MK if you purchased “length of stay” Genie+ before the change (reports are even when the party ticket is the only ticket used that day, it was available on other ticketed days). You can book MK as a hopper even if you only have a one park per day ticket with an APR at another park.

There have been some reports of ILL purchase with only a party ticket but not Genie+ as far as I know (except noted above).

2 Likes

We don’t need Genie +. I just wanted to purchase an ILL only for SDMT that evening around 5:00ish using our MVMCP ticket. And…I wonder, too, what happened to TallPaul???

3 Likes

I have read two reports of ILL purchases of SDMT with a party ticket only. Since you are staying offsite, you can try at park opening?

2 Likes

That’s good news! We are actually staying that one party night at ASmovies, so I can be eligible at 7am for the ILL. Thanks! :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t know if there was a hidden reason why it worked for these two but I honestly don’t think many people have tried.

3 Likes

Seems to me you should be able to do a reasonable SB line between 5:00/6:00. Reasonable as in less than 30 minutes as non ticket holders exit the park.

3 Likes

I think you can. But I’m not 100% sure.

3 Likes

I did this during MNSSHP! We had only party tickets on 9/23, no other park tickets or APRs for that day. I was able to purchase ILL for 7DMT for my family for 5pm. Worked out really well!!

5 Likes

Awesome to hear! This is the time I’m hoping to get an ILL as well!

2 Likes