I'll NEVER Do That Again... Disney Style!

:joy::joy::joy:

Although, back in the 80s, you were also younger. :wink:

I didn’t know there is an escape exit, but the last time we did the Tiki room, we left halfway through the show because we were so bored. Not sure if we used an escape exit, or just the nearest exit! I seem to remember going out the door we came in.

I am a weirdo. And as you found out with my shirt idea for her wearing the “He picks his nose” and me wearing the matching shirt that says “And eats it” I have a very dry sense of humor. Maybe that’s why I like Tiki Room.

One of my absolute favorites though, and I think it is very underappreciated is Carousel of Progress. Love that so much!

2 Likes

Haha @ryan1. I figured someone would pick up on that!:sunglasses:

All kidding aside, I’m still riding the coasters now into my 70s, yay!

yes, I did an exit, stage left at the Tiki. Got me a dolewhip outside and waited for the 8 other members, I suppose you could call them, Tiki enthusiasts.

They kindly serenaded me with the Tiki song, just in case I might have missed something. Hmmm.

3 Likes

Because they love you and don’t want you to miss anything. The tiki song is awesome!

1 Like

It’s tough coming up with things that I will “NEVER” do, but if we’re going to that extreme:

• taking a boat anywhere when time is of the essence. They’re nice, but slow.
  • Eat at Port Orleans Riverside for breakfast. Others disagree but it was just awful from all angles for me.
  • Attempt to take a “monorail bus” when the monorail goes down. Just use Lyft
  • Bring a backpack/full pack into the parks when not travel days. Speed is everything and we’re in a hub of civilization. Bring bare essentials.
  • bring a bag, any bag, with a 10,000 zippers for security to go through.
2 Likes

Astro Orbiter. That ride was sent by the devil himself just to make me miserable. Shudder.

2 Likes

I would say Tiki Room, but to be fair, now that you can take in Dole Whip, perhaps it would be worth the A/C.

My real answer is I will never book the 7 am flight home no matter how cheap or what I have to get home to do. We did that last family trip. We stayed at the park late and got back to room after 9, and bell services came for our luggage at 3 am. That was a looooooong day.

:rofl:

You go…I’m impressed and jealous

1 Like

It nearly broke us as a family. We were all climbing out of seats in hysteria. Petrified. Me and the kids alike!

The ride is almost 44 years old, built on 1960s technology; it’s really quite amazing that they’ve kept it running for as long as they have. I rode it a few months after it opened in '75 and it was amazing - much smoother and quite a bit faster. But as it aged, the structure began to weaken a bit, and they’ve had to slow it down several times to keep it from shaking itself apart. There is no way to “fix” the current ride; the only options are to more or less replace it piece by piece with newer technology track and support system, or completely demo it and install a completely new coaster.

1 Like

I think I was actually in the middle somewhere, but as soon as we left the launch pad I was wincing the whole time so I can’t be sure!!

I did FOP the first time last year and LOVED it. It’s a lot like a personalized version of Soarin’ - you’re right in the middle of the action. The good news on that one is that you can close your eyes and basically miss the whole thing, so if it makes you sick that’s an option.

1 Like

Rumor is an eventual track replacement, which I think they did previously over at DL…

hope I don’t have to

You must have a steel skeleton. And I hope you can try the DLR one – you’ll be amazed.

1 Like

I’ve been on the DLR SM. Granted, I was 12 at the time.

I’m expecting they will replace it starting in 2021, though. A coaster that old, they will continue to have maintenance issues, so I hope they rumors about it are true. I can see them taking Space Mountain to the next level easily, while keeping the overall concept intact. LIke, for example, the “launch tunnel”. I could see them easily making it an ACTUAL launch, etc.

Regardless, I still love it in the current form.

I was lucky enough to do the Small World holiday overlay at Disneyland last fall and it was AMAZING. It was a whole new ride. I mostly ride Small World for the nostalgia factor or with people who haven’t gone before, but we decided to FP the holiday version and it was so great.

2 Likes