If You had to Choose ONE (ADR picks advice!) Brunch edition

To offset the cost of the Boo Bash After Hours, we’ve decided to really limit the number of pricey ADRs. BOG, Whispering Canyon, and Garden Grill have already been ousted. We are keeping Homecomin (My mother loves southern food,) Skippers Canteen, Sci Fi Dine In, and the youngling of course gets to keep her Disney Junior Play and Dine at H&V (that is just her and her grandma!)

On the chopping block are: Kona Cafe, Topolino’s Terrace, Chef Mickey’s, all for breakfast/brunch. We are only going to choose one. Kona seems the most cost effective, and we’ve never eaten there. I really want to try their pancakes! But my kids are dying for a character meal. The all-you-care-to-enjoy menu of Chef Mickey’s better fits my kids’ tastes and seems like a better value (Topolino’s is the same price for a la carte.) But we’ll be there during the massive CR construction, which will probably make it unpleasant. My kids, however, LOVE Chef Mickey’s and we eat there every time we go to WDW. I’m ready for something different… My family is all divided and of course have left the decision down to me. Help!

2 Likes

Not on your list but Tusker House is now open…i like the food and it has characters! Kona would be the cheapest but no characters!

3 Likes

Who cares about the kids. Kona for the amazing food for the win! (Fine. Care about the kids. But I loved the macadamia nut pancakes and even more, the ham! My wife’s favorite item from our entire trip was the Tonga Toast.)

Question is, does Mickey make the food taste better? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Homecoming has a brunch menu in the weekends

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: One has to take this approach every once in a while.

1 Like

Technically, you can order multiple items off the Topolinos menu for no extra charge because it’s charged per person. I’ve personally done it as recently as March. Couldn’t decide between two entrees, so ordered both. The food is great, far superior than Chef Mickey’s imo.

4 Likes

That’s a super great tip!!! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’d personally choose Topolino’s terrace. The breakfast there was fantastic, IMHO. (although I’ve never been to Kona…)

2 Likes

I’ve been to both, and I love both, but I agree that Topolinos is the way to go.

2 Likes

Of your choices I’d go with Topolino.

1 Like

Topolino’s would be my first choice and Kona would be absolutely dead last.

1 Like

Kona would be the most cost effective, but my choice would be to keep Topolino’s. Great food and great characters. And you can order multiple entrees if you want.

2 Likes

Topolino’s. It is fabulous for food, ambiance, and characters.

1 Like

Have you done SciFi yet? I read very positive reviews, but when we went in late April our party of 8 did not love. I could expand but if you’ve done it and enjoy it I’ll refrain. So much of Disney is just being there together. Even the bad experiences become a fun nostalgic moment. Enjoy!

Topolino’s is the best breakfast I’ve ever had ever. And yes, multiple items for no extra money as recently as three weeks ago! We literally ordered one of everything. And they gave my DS a full plate but didn’t charge him since he’s only 2.

1 Like

With the caveat that I’ve never been to any of your options (SOB we cancelled our Topolino’s brunch because my kids wanted to hang out with their uncles and I’m still sad about it 15 months later), I’d pick Topolino’s - you can order multiple meals so you can basically treat it like a buffet, the food is supposed to be amazing, plus it has characters to keep the kids happy.

1 Like

We have not done SciFi yet. We usually just grab something quick and don’t worry about ADRs for HS. I wanted to try Brown Derby but we put it to a vote and SciFi won. I think it’s more because of the whole eating in a car thing. I’ve heard mixed reviews about the food, so I think we’re all prepared for the food to be mediocre knowing that we’re paying for the theming.

Okay, so I think we will get the ADR for Topolino’s based on the info here, and then one day get table service to go and mobile order the mac pancakes and tonga toast to try. We’re going to be spending a day (and night) at Ft. Wilderness so maybe we will try to figure out a way from there- boat to MK then boat to Poly? Or I’d probably have to ferry from MK to TTC and walk unless the monorail is back to Poly by then

Thanks everyone! Once again, you all have been so helpful

Our family’s running joke was “now we know why they serve their food in the dark”, and we realized how much we dislike sci fi movies, but it makes for a good story from our trip.

2 Likes

Well… The only breakfast ADR that I was able to get today was 'Ohana… Maybe we’ll keep it, maybe we’ll change it if rez finder pulls through, maybe we’ll just cancel it and skip out on our Disney Brunch tradition and pocket the extra $$$. It remains to be seen. The powers that be have spoken :rofl::rofl: