If Forbidden Journey made me feel Ill…

What other rides should I avoid? Escape from Gringotts was fine. Just did Harry Potter stuff today, so haven’t ridden any other simulator rides.

Thanks😊

1 Like

I honestly think you will be ok with everything else.

1 Like

If you are still at IOA avoid Hulk, Storm Force and the Seuss “spinning” rides. Spider-Man may be an issue, but for most people isn’t too bad

At USF avoid Simpsons, Transformers and RRR. The Bourne Show can cause dizziness so be warned. If you get dizzy either stare only at Jason Bourne or close your eyes for a bit.

2 Likes

FJ along with Simpsons are the most severe motion simulators for many people.

Everything else is a little milder, so I would give them a try.

3 Likes

FJ was the worst and Simpsons was a close second, but everything else was fine for me including Storm Force. HTH

2 Likes

Forbidden Journey is the absolute worst offender so it won’t tell you much about how you’ll handle the other attractions. If Star Tours makes you sick, then avoid pretty much all the simulator shows ESPECIALLY Simpsons. If you’re ok on Star Tours, you should try everything once.

3 Likes

The only other ride that bothers me to that degree is SImpsons. And I have found this does depend on where I’m seated. Ask for 2nd level (Express Pass entrance) room 6 I believe. Tell them you can get motion sick from the sides. You basically want to be in one of the first rooms on either side.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the advice.!

I’m not sure about the Simpson, but think I’ll try everything else😊

4 Likes

If the Forbidden Journey is the ride in the Hogwarts Castle, Think of the County Fair ride called the Octopus. This is what it was like but instead inside a building passing by various scenes. I got sick on this and barely made it without having to hurl. Definitely don’t eat before going on this ride. Only ride I had a problem with.

2 Likes

It makes me sick in the tv screen rooms but I’m fine in the animatronic rooms. I try to close my eyes or sit in an outside seat and look over the side at how the ride works in these rooms. At the very least I stare at my feet. But sometimes, all of that doesn’t work and I walk off needing an hour to regain myself.

I really wish they had just made the whole thing animatronics. I love the dementors, spiders, tree etc.

2 Likes

What’s different about the different Simpsons rooms?

1 Like

The angle of your seat to the screen.

2 Likes

I had no trouble at Simpsons because I had watched a pov video and knew when to close my eyes, mostly towards the end.

2 Likes

And it’s just so long.

1 Like

Like getting B1 for Soarin. It’s a very similar theater so center rooms less distortion. Less distortion, less confusion for your brain why you are not really moving the way the screen says you are.

1 Like