"If consumer demand keeps up, we’ll act accordingly"

Oh greedy, greedy Chapek.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/11aug2022-disney-ceo-bob-chapek-suggests-price-hikes-are-coming-to-the-parks-thanks-to-guest-demand.htm

8 Likes

To be fair, it says he’s going to read the room. But what they say and what they do are two very different things sometimes.

I love how he’s ignoring pent up demand and rescheduled trips. But what happens when people stop coming back for a perceived diminished product? Have they ever actually lowered ticket prices once raised?

8 Likes

This morning I spent time reading all about yesterday’s earnings call. I have decided I will never do that again.

I usually love D23 but I don’t know if they can say anything that will make me change how I feel.

10 Likes

Here’s another change that’s gonna upset some people…

Genie+ has been updated today and includes a change to booking Genie+ LL when park hopping

4 Likes

I feel this was inevitable. The stacking of LLs in the later park I am sure is having negative side effects for many guests (aside from those who know to stack). I am not sure this is a bad change…but I can certainly see why people won’t be happy about it.

2 Likes

The article also says attendance is near 2019 levels and “spending per capita is up 40%” which sounds … huge.

6 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Up 40% from when? When everything was closed? The entire Epcot showcase and the main “throng” of shopping/dining by Spaceship Earth were all closed. Staffing was horrendous because whomever wasn’t furloughed were spread too thin to cover the suspended college programs.

(not attacking you, showing shock at the up 40% statement by them.)

1 Like

This severely devalues the Park Hopper.

10 Likes

Exactly what I was just thinking…

4 Likes

Making me more and more happy with my decision to not renew my AP.

4 Likes

1 Like

Oh, this makes me sad face. Completely understandable, but still sad face.

1 Like

Oh, well even that can be explained by Covid rebounding.

2 Likes

100% disagree.

It devalues G+. It does NOT devalue Park Hopper. In fact, it might actually add value to PH (might, I saw, because it depends on a few things). But my choice of PH and why would get it is not dictated by how G+ works (and I’m speaking as if I WERE getting it).

I know people don’t like the change who planned to stack. But it did kind of fly in the face of how Disney INTENDED it to be used. For example, when you bought G+, Disney does calculations of things based on who buys for which park, etc. But if a good percentage of people are booking, say, EP first, and then stacking for HS, it means those who are legitimately using G+ at one park, and then hop, will find there is no longer availability left at the second park because of those stacking. But with this change, it keeps things more even footing.

5 Likes

I’m still going in December, but I’ll probably revert back to my once a year holiday pilgrimage next year. Having an AP has kind of tethered me to WDW for vacations bc all the entertainment is essentially ‘free’ but now I’m free to explore elsewhere.

8 Likes

Ok, that’s actually exciting.

5 Likes

I’m not sure there are enough people doing it (relative to the non-initiated) to really move the needles that much. I mean, we’re just talking about those who are: 1. actively seeking info on how to game the system, 2. willing to do the criss-crossing and setting timers and whatnot to actually carry it out and 3. also park hopping. That’s a relatively small subset.

I wonder if the historical availability data shows a visible trend beginning as people started being aware it was something you could do.

6 Likes

But now it’s flipped the other way. People who hop to a park are at a severe disadvantage to those with a reservation for that park. By 2:00, many of the good G+ rides may be fully booked.

7 Likes

This is insane if this becomes true! I will be asking for my G+ AND my PH money back if that happens.

2 Likes