Ideas for spreading the magic

Love this, and after reading your spreading of magic efforts (especially the ice cream one), I feel seriously humbled. (in a good way :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

Most of my twitter feed is compliments to people who work for big corporations. Airlines like this almost as much as Disney!

3 Likes

Twitter is actually WDW’s preferred method of Cast Compliments. You can write a card at guest relations in the front of any park. I’ve done both when a CM is AMAZING. (And I’ve been known to email their boss. Lol. But it was partly selfish, I wanted to be able to book this particular CM for a future event. I did make sure they were okay with it first!)

All cast compliments go into the CMs file. It can impact future assignments and aid then during review time!

I love to tweet Airlines and most of all airports. MCO has a terrific Twitter feed!! Even the TSA likes tweeted compliments. (I’ve done written ones, TSA Cares is an amazing service that has enabled me to leave MCO without feeling miserable!!)

I just think the world could be a kinder place, and I would like to teach my kids to be kind. My oldest child is a real jerk, and I’m ashamed he is out wandering and taking handouts from anyone he can get them from, while saying how horrible we are. I feel like I hade to step it up so I don’t have 3 more selfish narcissistic humans to let loose on society!!

Parenting is HARD.

11 Likes

Indeed. So sorry that the situation with your son is still difficult.

3 Likes

Love this thread… gets me thinking about our upcoming trip. Always nice to pay it forward.

Not at Disney but last year in a Starbucks drive thru the car in front of me bought my coffee for me! It was amazingly nice and really turned my day around.

4 Likes

I came across a couple and their grandson standing at the entrance to the Matterhorn who were obviously facing some sort of dilemma. Well the dilemma was that they were not physically fit to go on the ride and the grandson had a physical disability that made it unwise for him to ride as a single. I offered to take the grandson on the ride for them and the boy was grinning from ear-to-ear when we emerged from the exit. I wound up taking him on four additional rides and at the end I don’t know who was happier, the grandson or the relieved grand parents.

12 Likes

I’m just glad there are people like you around … it’s all too easy to become self obsessed … well done

1 Like