Ice Cream Sundaes

Ample hills is the best! And toppings are free. I normally don’t go out of my way for stuff like this but it is so good that we have to stop in every trip now. We usually just walk over from Epcot :+1:

1 Like

Uhoh. DH is a classic flavor guy too. This was on our must do list for next time.

On our last trip, despite walking many miles every day, I gained easily 5-10lbs due to eating at Ample hills every day (ok maybe 2x a day a couple times - had to use up those DDP points!)

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream made with Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans

Dark Chocolate Ice Cream

Rich Dark Chocolate Ice Cream made with 72% E. Guiffard Chocolate

Just saw these on their menu

1 Like

Well, not really. I believe it was used before; perhaps on @Randall1028 most recent trip report :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Woo-hoo!!! I can work with those flavors!

No point in giving me vanilla if there’s chocolate. If there’s no chocolate, but there’s vanilla, then I need hot fudge added at least, otherwise, what’s the point.

I actually prefer vanilla, for the sole reason that I will put either chocolate syrup or hot fudge on top. That way I get the vanilla AND the chocolate.
But then again there are times that it needs to be all chocolate, nothing but chocolate! :rofl:

1 Like

My favorite desserts all involve chocolate…the more chocolate the better.

Brownies
Dark chocolate (with or without almonds)
Chocolate Ice Cream with brownies
Chocolate Ice Cream with chocolate chunks
Chocolate Ice Cream with fudge swirls (and brownies and chocolate chunks)

See a pattern? I’m definitely a chocolate kind of guy. Vanilla is merely something you add to other desserts (strawberry shortcake, etc).

What REALLY bothers me is when I ask for a chocolate shake, and they make it using VANILLA ice cream with chocolate syrup. No, no, no. I said I want a CHOCOLATE shake. Make it with chocolate ice cream and THEN add the chocolate syrup.

4 Likes

yeah that’s straight up heresy. Got a milkshake today and someone did that. I had to stop them and give them the proper directions.

The unmitigated gall!!!

1 Like

If they are the same sundaes that they serve at Ghardelli Square in San Francisco, I agree they are amazing!

I personally love the All American Sundae at Plaza Ice Cream in Magic Kingdom. Vanilla and chocolate ice cream, hot fudge, peanut butter drizzle, whipped cream, and a cherry. :yum:

1 Like

That would be perfect if it was Caramel rather than peanut butter. Even before I developed an allergy, I never got the mixing peanut butter and ice cream thing.

1 Like

You might could substitute. Wouldn’t hurt to ask.