Ice Cream Sundaes

Hi all, We are heading to WDW in December and have just discovered that Beaches and Cream Soda Shop will be closed when we are there. This is our favourite place for a hot fudge sundae, so we would love some recommendations on where to go instead.
Many thanks,

1 Like

If you are in that area The Fountain at the Dolphin.

3 Likes

Also ample hills on the boardwalk for great ice cream. If you have ticket then there is always the French pavilion in epcot - a short walk from the BC

4 Likes

I do enjoy the Plaza’s Parlor Sundae. It’s basic flavors, but I’m very ok with that.

4 Likes

In Disney Springs, there’s this:

https://www.disneysprings.com/dining/ghirardelli-ice-cream-chocolate-shop/

The sundaes are amazing!

4 Likes

Ample Hills. We stopped going to B&C after Ample Hills opened, the ice cream is fantastic!

2 Likes

I do wish Ample Hills had basic flavors though.

I don’t need super special, a simple “Chocolate” will work just fine for me 99% of the time (though their baked/unbaked is the stuff dreams are made of).

5 Likes

This may just knock Ample Hills off my to-do list. I am the same way with ice cream, give me vanilla or chocolate. If I’m feeling particularly crazy, I may even do a swirl of both.

5 Likes

I don’t mind flavors…what I mind is that the vast majority of their flavors are not gluten-free - cake, cookie bits, etc. And the ones that don’t have gluten-containing stuff often have peanuts. :frowning: I couldn’t have either of the special Mickey flavors at the Mickey True Original exhibit because the special Mickey options were Mickey’s Birthday Cake (gluten) or something with peanuts or peanut butter.

2 Likes

Ample Hill is on my list to try. They have sundaes?

2 Likes

Yep! A brownie or ooey gooey buttercake sundae are your options. Also floats, milkshakes and ice cream sandwiches if you like.

2 Likes

pump the brakes, you’re getting out of control!
:grin:

2 Likes

it has a hippo with a bowler hat on it!

3 Likes

And that’s a brand new sentence we never new we needed!

3 Likes

Go to Main street in MK and get a kitchen sink. It will have the Mickey Pants for a souvenir.

Next, go on the teacups and spin as fast as you can.

5 Likes

Oooh! We love the Ghiradelli Shop in DCA - coming from the Southern Hemisphere we aren’t able to visit that often. This will definitely go onto the list. Thanks

2 Likes

Love it! The kitchen sink is what the kids were missing about B&C. The teacups ride would be quite an interesting adventure after that. thanks

2 Likes

Thanks @lizzieanne771, I am celiac so this gluten free information is really helpful.

1 Like

Great, another snack stop to fit into the plans. Maybe go to Ample Hills for a sundae instead of eating dinner in HS.

1 Like

I’m not very creative but in my opinion you can’t beat a sundae with a castle view at the Plaza.

5 Likes