I wanted to go to WDW, my wife wanted to go on a cruise… so we’re sailing on the Magic

We’re doing 7 days out of Galveston Jan 6-13 with stops in Cozumel (which I’ve been to), Jamaica and Grand Cayman (which I haven’t). I just got 35% off with VGT so I got $2600 balcony rooms for 7 days.

1 Like

I prefer the classic Art Deco look of the Dream to the Wish. The areas of the Wish that had the Art Deco like 1923 I liked a lot but the ship as whole is trading nostalgia for a lack of uniformity which a mash up of modernity, fantasy, and classic.

1 Like

If you like a relaxing beach day this place is my favorite. We’ve been 4 or 5 times. It might not be the best if you have kids that like all the water toys, but for a relaxing day with really good food & drink it’s perfect. https://cozumelnachicocom.com/

1 Like

Vgt?

That’s amazing! You’re paying almost what we paid for our 4 night with no balcony. What a deal!

Veranda guarantee I believe

When you buy that category you don’t pick your cabin. You’re just guaranteed to get a cabin in at least that category. It’s a roll of the dice as you could get an obstructed or partially obstructed view but it can be a good way to save a little and (on other lines anyway, not sure about DCL) sometimes results in an upgrade if that category sells out.

3 Likes

Maybe I put the wrong acronym but it’s something like verandah guaranteed stateroom. So I don’t get to pick my room but I’m guaranteed a verandah room.

2 Likes

I looked at the partially obstructed and navigator verandahs on the magic and I’m okay with both. The partially obstructed is just a diagonal piece in the upper corner on one side. The navigator ones I think are kinda cute.

*we booked two cuz we’re four people total and I’ve read people do this and still can end up in connecting rooms so fingers crossed but saving $1200 per stateroom is worth not picking.

2 Likes

Yep, it can be perfectly fine (and I agree about the navigator verandas too honestly) but you really have to be okay with that as a possibility. That’s all I meant :wink:

2 Likes

Yup :100:

And for $1200 I’m totally okay with it. ;-). Lol. When I told my mom she said the same thing and were both normally the kind of people that pay the up charge for the thing we want. But that’s a lot of money.

2 Likes

This trip is just for me and the wife. That place seriously looks amazing! Thanks so much for the recommendation.

1 Like