I want to go back!

Oh this is so how I felt after our trip! Especially as ours had so many curve balls - mainly that we lost two days at the front end from Irma and then my 4 year old came down with strep on our last full day so we had to cancel all of our Halloween party fun (and she and my husband went back to the hotel and the rest of us basically had a half day in AK due to that). But it was still such a fantastic trip! And getting to ride FOP 5 times pretty much made up for all of the other things I didn’t get to do. But luckily I’ve gotten my husband on the WDW bandwagon also, so we’re already looking at a trip next winter and staying at Wilderness Lodge. Hoping that actually happens!

2 Likes

It’s funny that as soon as everyone is back we start planning for the next time! I knew the first trip was always going to be about getting a feel for the place and matching dream to reality. I found it hard to go at a relaxed pace with the thought it may be my one chance to see it. It was always - I don’t what this is but I’ll try it! Next time I will know what to include and what was a one-and-done experience (looking at you FEA and COP).

Other important things I learnt - whatever relaxation time you allocated - double it! We didn’t have the luxury of whole days off but next time I’ll make sure we do.

Don’t shop at outlets in your relaxation time= more walking.

Next time (hopefulIy 2019?) I will go without teenage boys who love the thrill rides but don’t get the magic. BUT ADRs can be used as a lure for a hungry teenager.

Just some thoughts!

[quote=“Annode, post:22, topic:38900”]I found it hard to go at a relaxed pace with the thought it may be my one chance to see it.
[/quote]

There were certainly times when I was rushing — sometimes long distances — to make an FPP or ADR window.

I learned so much this year abotu a Disney holiday. I’d be so much better at it a second time! (And I was pretty good at it this first time!)

2 Likes

Absolutely and maybe that’s what keeps drawing people back - to do it again minus all the pain. It’s nice to have something you can do again with benefit of hindsight!