I want to be where the people are! (AKA… we are finally returning home!)

Thoughts from day 2…
DS4 is a thrill seeker but roller coasters are a bit tricky for him. He rode everything at Epcot yesterday and LOVED it! He begged to do test track for a second time but the wait time went way up so we passed.

Today at MK, he rode everything in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland except for Space Mountain. He did 7dmt and Barnstormer ok but he didn’t want to ride again. He asked to ride Space but I didn’t let him since the seats are so separated and it’s dark. Maybe by the end of the trip… we will see.

Tomorrow we head to HS. Our plan is to do Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge. He will be fine with all of GE but not sure about SDD. Since it’s out in the open, I will have him watch for a bit to observe and go from there.

Any advice on a plan of attack for ride order? I tried a TP but the waits are astronomical from the start so thought word of mouth might be a better strategy. We are going to walk from YC around 7:30. I appreciate the advice!

8 Likes

We did TSL this morning and I would definitely plan to go to SDD first thing. Walking at 7:30am should be perfect to position you toward the front of the pack for a walk on or no more than 20 minute wait for SDD. After that, I’m not sure what the optimum is. However, I will say that the wait for MFSR was like 35 min at noon the other day and it was totally manageable, so if I had to wait in a long line I’d prefer MFSR to SDD.

In short, I’d do SDD, the rest of TSL, then MFSR.

9 Likes

Thank you! I was thinking the same but it’s helpful to have a “boots on the ground” report, especially since things are changing so rapidly!

Also, I am enjoying your trip report- I need to catch up on today’s though!

3 Likes

My DS was 4 last trip, and he is NOT a thrill seeker, but absolutely loved SDD, so I think yours will be fine!

4 Likes

Hope you made it in decent time! I assume you are way ahead of us in line at the tapstiles. I thought they just opened them (a cheer) but the line hasn’t moved since then.

1 Like

Ok now it’s moving at 8:18am. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome room! I love YC so very much!!

1 Like

Wow! What a morning!! We started the day by getting a perfect boarding group. Not too early, not too late. Our goals for the day is TSL and GE + ST.

We were first at the this morning- yay! We speed walked to TSL and made it on the second train of SDD. We then walked onto TSM and AS2.

Then we headed to Batuu. You guys… Galaxy’s Edge is EPIC! We got in line for the falcon at 8:50 and waited 20 minutes. We all loved it! DS14 and I were pilots, DS4 and DD8 were gunners, and DH was the engineer. We will switch roles the next time we ride so that everyone You guys… Galaxy’s Edge is EPIC! gets a chance to do something more engaging.

We are now in line for ST. Predicted wait of 30 minutes. Our boarding group looks like it will be called at 10:30 when we finish here. Ok now for some pics:

20 Likes

Also, can anyone tell what mine and DDs Disney bounds are?

2 Likes

You’re Rey and she is Leia

9 Likes

Great view!

Love all the pics!

Here we go!

13 Likes

Wow, ROTR was amazing! I avoided most spoilers which was really difficult as an avid SW fan but it was worth it for the element of surprise.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Cross posting this Liner meet!

26 Likes

Look at you and your awesome knowledge!!

8 Likes

I was pretty proud of me just then :wink:

10 Likes

20 Likes

Did you try the felucian kefta and hummus at DB7? It’s my favorite thing to eat there!

3 Likes