I want sympathy and can't find my dictionary

This is the fourth time since FOP opened that I couldn’t get fastpasses. I’m feeling a little cranky about it.

Have you had any luck with the same-day 1PM drop?

1 Like

But…Disney! Your glass is still 95% full! (Lol-I got all but 1 FP I wanted but it still took me about two days to lose the crankiness about that one and the handful that I felt weren’t ideal times.)

3 Likes

This is the first time I will know about that. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I just rearranged my carefully planned days entirely because it looks like I wont even get sdd at 60+4. Fop is still showing available for me in the evening at 60+1. We shall see. Fp day tmw.

1 Like

SDD is getting slammed hard right now, looked like 60 +5 - this link often shared here visualizes the 60+ FPP attractions nicely (SDMT, SDD, FoP)
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236

I knew I wouldn’t get SDD, but as of yesterday at noon FOP was still possible. By 7:00 all gone.

Condolences. I know your pain.

To clarify, I mean that when you’re at the park, there is typically a 1PM (more exactly ~1:01 PM) drop of FOP fastpasses. When you plan your early FPP, just make sure that all of your FPs are booked to finish before 1PM so you’re eligible to book another when you’re there. If you can’t find three good attractions to book before 1PM, move your FPPs when you’re at the park to make sure they all finish in the morning. Good Luck!

3 Likes

Yes, I have been refreshing that far too often lol. Made me feel a little better about fop but maybe I’m wrong

We were in AK December 16th. We RDed FOP on EMH day. Arrived AK at 7:10 and off FOP about 8:03. And off Navi by 8:20.

There were no SDD that day. I tried at every drop. We got in line around 6:45 for FOP and waited about 50 minutes.

We got multiple SDD in HS and Epcot.

2 Likes

Also, pay close attention to Disney opening the parks earlier as your trip gets closer. I got SDD and 7DMT FPPs when the parks changed opening times about 3 weeks before my arrival.

1 Like

There are actually 4 drops. 11.01, 1.01, 3.01 and 5.01.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. If you can’t get a SDFP for FoP during your upcoming trip, maybe you could plan a mini trip for a low-crowd time of year? I’ve never had trouble getting FoP, but I go in Jan/Feb during low crowds.

1 Like

I have had success with same day FP for FOP, SDD, and 7DMT. FOP & SDD at the times specified. 7DMT just random checking. I try and schedule my Tier 1 after the first same day drop time (so I can try and change it) or I try and have the first 3 FP used before the afternoon drop. This was travelling with just 2 people. Going to be interesting on this next trip when I need to try and get for 6 or 7.

(Side note: after finally going on SDD on my last trip - I find it highly overrated. Prefer to use my Tier 1 for TSMM)

2 Likes

How many days out was FOP unavailable?

All three days. A good argument for long vacations.

I know others will have said it, but keep haunting the app to check if any come available. I swear I’d looked 200 times, but on 201 when I could swap Na’avi for FOP, it took an hour to get the smile off my face…

2 Likes

That is a very tough task to obtain FOP at 60+2 or sooner. On one of my trips, I did see a couple later evening times available at 60+2, but that was it. I think of FOP as a 60+4 or later ride.

1 Like

I had good luck jumping in line right before close. Once the FP line clears out the stand by line really moves. But I have also picked one up with a same day drop, so there are ways to get on!

3 Likes