I think it's time to give Universal another shot. What should I know?

The room keys are your express pass. They’ll scan the room key at EP entrance to each ride, so until you have it, you won’t be able to use the EP. The good news is you can check in to the hotel early (7AM or even earlier) to get your room key, although your room will likely not be ready until later in the day.

2 Likes

For us, two dining experiences became essential.

Mythos. DD and I get the grilled cheese in tomato soup with the sandwich on the side. It sounds boring but it is one of those chef-perfection things. DH gets some lamb thing and what we don’t eat.

Toothsome, eating in courses starting with the chocolate waffle. (So reverse order) We order one thing, share it and order the next course whenever one arrives. We all get a huge variety that way. On the shakes, the ice cream is meh but the added stuff and presentation is really good.

3 Likes

So I purchased my AP online, it shows on the app (my wallet) that I have an AP but just shows a confirmation #. I assume I’ll need to go somewhere to get the actual card. Where can I go for that? Just the park ticket window? Or is there another option? Resort maybe? If things remain the same, my flight arrives @ 8:45pm but I’m contemplating switching to an earlier flight.

1 Like

You can go a vacation planning window in a resort lobby

You can also go to the ticket window. Does it say you can go to a self service kiosk? Those are outside the gate.

3 Likes

My email says to bring a printed copy of the confirmation email to a ticket window during normal park hours. Was hoping there was another option as for right now, my flight is arriving at 8:45pm and last park closes at 8pm.

If you are not doing the monthly payments you should be able to activate at the desk in the lobby the next morning of the self service kiosk outside the gate will not work.

3 Likes

Thanks @PrincipalTinker . I switched my flight and now I’m arriving @MCO @4pm so I’ll try the desk in the lobby upon arrival (seasonal pass paid in full/ no monthly payment) If i don’t have any luck there I’ll have plenty of time to head over to the park and take care of it there.

4 Likes

Plus guest services stays open after the parks close.

3 Likes

En route to the airport. Made it to the express lot in Braintree with no traffic :slight_smile: on the bus in a few to the airport. Universal here I come!! (That sounds strange)

8 Likes

Safe travels!

1 Like

Excited to finally be following along a USO trip!
Have all the fun.

1 Like

People often ask " when do you feel vacation starts?" For me it’s the point where someone else is doing the driving and I’m a mere spectator

7 Likes

So excited for you!!!

For me it’s the minute I leave my office - even if I don’t actually depart until the next day.

3 Likes

Smooth flight, arrived on time. Uber to the hotel, no line at the ticket desk to get my AP, no line at the mobile check-in to get my room. Got a minor upgrade to pool view vs. standard view. Freshened up a bit and now I’m off to get some food and visit a park. Can’t believe I landed 1 hour ago.

11 Likes

That’s a nice view!

1 Like

I’m thinking to myself, why is it empty? Then I figured it out. It’s closed. Haha.
Nice view but not as nice as that AKL room :wink:

2 Likes

Why is it closed?

1 Like

Hotel is huge and from the conversation I had with the girl at check-in most of the Uni hotels are pretty empty. This resort (Dockside) has 2 towers (1&2) and has over 2,000 rooms with 2 pools. It’s sister resort across the street (Surfside) is much smaller, has about 750 rooms and 1 pool.

Looks as if they have just 1 pool open at each of the resorts (Surfside and Dockside) but on the weekends when occupancy goes up they open the 2nd one at Dockside.

6 Likes

It sure is pretty at night though.

8 Likes

Thanks for answering this! I’m going in February. The temps are supposed to be in the low 70s. TP says the pool is heated. So, I’ve been debating packing my swim trunks for my arrival day. Is the bar open?? I hear the “Disco H2O” is awesome - if you like “sweet / fun” cocktails. (I do!!)

1 Like