I think I read I have read enough to ask the right questions about our trip next week 3/14-3/17, hope someone is willing to answer them

yikes! Sorry about that! I just put three extra cables in the backpack that will just live there! Thank you.

1 Like

We need to do that for our next trip! Thank you for putting that thought in my head.

1 Like

Back here to say that our trip was a huge success for us. Thank you to everyone that answered my questions and offered their wisdom. Not everyone travels the same way or judges “success” the same way, of course. We were in it for the rides and doing and seeing as much as we could for each day we were in each of the four parks. We figured we would sleep when we got home. The Skyline began running just before 7am for our DHS and EP mornings and we were at the park and toward the front for both RDs. We figured out that both backpacks would mean a bag search even when we took all the chargers, eyeglass cases, kindles etc out so one of us went through with both bags and the other two got a good spot a the “turnstiles” and the third person caught up so we didnt’ get too far back in line. We learned this after AK where we all waited for the bag check. We all had our own MDE and both DS and I had BG1, specifically for EP where we needed a BG and a LL at the same time. The skyline running smoothly meant we were actually stepping of a gondola to at the transfer point right at 7am but I still got BG 29 ( with an expected return of 6pm that actually got called at 11am) and an early Frozen LL which worked out perfectly because even though we were at the very front for Remy at RD, the ride was down for a bit, so we waited in line at Remy right at the front and then went straight to Frozen with our LL, and then were able to move to the other side of the park and not have to crisscross. BG1 also saved with TT because we had decided we wouldn’t prioritize it, both kids had been during an 8th-grade trip and remembered it unlike many other rides and we could always SR it if we wanted to, however, I was able to get a LL and then at a drop, I modified something to a TT LL! In terms of driving to AK and MK, we go to AK so early that we had to wait at a turnaround behind two other cars until they moved the cones, and at MK we got there so early there was no one at the parking booths at all! The monorails weren’t running yet so the early birds took the ferry, we were toward the front of the rope and walked on 7DMT and then FoPP. I will add that we figured out pretty quickly that the standby times were exaggerated. Anything that said minutes was more like 30 which was our cutoff for doing standby. Except for our DHS where ROTR wasn’t operating at RD, so we had to redo our plan and when we did decide to get in a long standby line, it ended up being even longer because of course it broke down again. It also drizzled ( we had ponchos) people left the line ( good for us) and we timed it to sit in our spot, each our packed lunch, we did some crossword puzzles that I had brought with us, and we still did everything we wanted to do. I also had put in a reservation finder for Oga’s and something popped up for 5:20 pm so we got to experience that the kids loved it, and I did too. We also had plenty of time in each park to walk around and soak in the theming and walk through the shops. We agreed to work that in when we had time and be okay with quickly walking past something or not soaking something in if we were hustling to a ride/ attraction. We knew we would come back to it. We packed food with us each day, ( We live in Tampa so I was able to drive over with a bunch of food that needed to be kept cold but not anything that would spoil because I knew the fridge at POP was really a beverage fridge) so that we wouldn’t have to stop because we were hungry and lose the thread, AND lose time waiting in really long lines for food. The Mobile ordering windows were about an hour out so they would have been hard to factor in. We did eat all the “treats” we wanted like the dole whip, Cheshire cat tail, Jack Jack’s Nom Nom cookie, Norway’s School Bread, etc. Thanks again, we had a great time, and most importantly, it was very memorable.

7 Likes

Happy to hear you enjoyed your trip and got everything plus more done!

1 Like