I think Disney broke me (in more ways than one!)

I’m sorry your trip was not fun. I hope that when you look back on it the silver linings will shine more than the downs. My trips since the pandemic started have also not been fun like in the past, but they were not Disney. Just all the extra stuff you have to think about and plan around, with the pandemic, with all the uncertainty, takes up so much mental space. Thank you for your trip report. it has helped convince me that I need to wait longer to go back to WDW b/c I was really good at FPP and the new system confuses me; I think they’ll need to work the bugs out of it before I’ll be willing to go back, as we live far away.

1 Like

This is critical. When we have done them as a family we’ve actually had separate suitcases with stuff for each stay, and then a small backpack with toothbrushes, etc.

3 Likes

I think it was Hurricane Irene.

I was wondering- what were the projected vs actual crowd level predictions during your trip? I ask because the crowd levels posted over the past few weeks don’t look that bad but everyone seems to be reporting crazy crowds when actually there.

1 Like

Wrong thread. Duh.

2 Likes

you love my threads (as i love yours!)

1 Like

I know for TP they base their crowd levels on waiting times for rides ( i believe), not actual amount of people. I experienced crowds to the point where it was hard to maneuver some places, and long lines everywhere.

2 Likes

If you aren’t park hopping, and don’t care for the thrill rides, I’d say you def don’t need genie +! Rope dropping, a good plan and ILLs should carry you through with not-astronomical waits. If you’re park hopping to HS though, I would recommend buying genie + on your Epcot days and stacking the LLs every two hours throughout the day for later in the afternoon/evening. This is the one scenario where genie + is priceless imo.

2 Likes

I know they base their crowd levels on wait times but I figure there should be some kind of correlation between wait times and the sheer amounts of people around you.

2 Likes

There may be, but wait times are also really affected by other factors like how many CMs there are working and therefore how many attractions are open and at what capacity they’re running, if shows and restaurants are open, what the park hours are, etc.

2 Likes