I Take Orders from Just One Person ... ME! A Solo Trip Report

Quick, easy, and delicious.

20 Likes

Get a moonshine sour out front when you’re done!

5 Likes

Where is the Regal Eagle? I’ve never heard of it. Or is this a liner nickname I have not come across yet?

2 Likes

It’s at the American Pavilion

4 Likes

What exactly is that? A sandwich of some sort?

2 Likes

It’s a brisket sandwich on Texas toast. It was pretty good. The bbq sauce here was not the best (super important for good bbq), but it was serviceable. The mac and cheese, onion rings, and berry punch were all good.

5 Likes

I’m finally watching Impressions de France! I’ve been meaning to for years but keep missing it. I’ve seen the Beauty and the Beast singalong.

17 Likes

We all LOVE Impressions of France (both kids took French in HS) and will be very sorry to see it go. It’s disappointing that you can only see it in the evening now. We didn’t care much for the B&B Sing-a-long, but then, we don’t have “littles” anymore.

4 Likes

Otherwise known as 5 minutes before last call at the local.

6 Likes

That’s what I probably would have ordered there too. And Carolinians are very particular about their bbq and sauces too.

3 Likes

:flushed::rofl:

3 Likes

:flushed:

2 Likes

How did I go so long without seeing it?!?! AMAzing!!! Beautiful film.

12 Likes

Apparently, you need to visit more often.

3 Likes

Just to elaborate a bit, the film is very much anchored by the period it was filmed in (which looked like early 80s to me? Which would make sense but someone fact check me if you want.) with cars, clothing, behavior, etc. that was characteristic at the time. The cinematography was breathtaking - such crisp details - and made excellent use of the extra width of the screen. It was a great way to document all the little details about life in France at the time. And the score was very well chosen - compositions by French composers. I never realized that the opening score of Beauty and the Beast was temp tracked (very similar melody and feel to the orchestral piece) - pretty sure it’s Aquarium from Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens. I’ve always loved that part of the score.

10 Likes

I regret to say that MMRR is in fact better than Remy by a significant margin. Remy is still good, but it does upset my stomach just a bit.

I made it with three minutes to spare before the last showing of Canada Far and Wide. Hope it’s good!

16 Likes

I hope you enjoy the show. I think it’s just okay.

2 Likes

It’s one of my favorites. The music is just phenomenal as well.

4 Likes

Anything that makes a person nauseous is certainly not a contender for favorite! Hope the queasy didn’t last too long

I don’t think I’ve seen the updated Canada film… I can’t remember. The old one was meh to me.

8 Likes

It’s the 360 thing, isn’t? You stand inside the oval to see it? I think that would make me sick. I’m afraid to try it.

3 Likes