I made my first Touring Plan!

I’m excited and wanted to say hello before I inevitably need to ask 100 questions.

I’m planning my husband and kids’ first trip ever to WDW and my first trip in almost 20 years! I went with my high school marching band in 2001–we winged everything, I only remember breaking up with my boyfriend and puking in a trash can after some virtual reality ride (maybe star tours, I’m not sure, I’ve blocked it out), so hoping for an improvement this time around.

Anyway, I played around with the tools here this evening and made a little plan for our arrival afternoon in AK, and I’m sure I will never touch it again :joy: But I think I’m beginning to get it and I have a little more than a month before I really need to get it so I can do the dining thing.

9 Likes

Welcome! Please ask ANYTHING and often. A lot of us, especially myself, are available throughout the day. If you want anyone to look over your plan or advise, just publish it.

Biggest advice I can give is to make sure to include breaks often. People make “perfect” plans that go from attraction to attraction - forgetting the need to pee or get a drink or just looking at the scenery. Good luck! :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome!! Making a Personalized Toruing Plan (TP) is a great way to know where to schedule your Advanced Dining Reservation (ADR). When I made our first touring plan for our visit I only selected 12 attractions that we REALLY wanted to do. It helped us to slow down and really enjoy our time and not feeling rushed to go to the next attraction. Good luck and happy planning!!

1 Like

Totally into the breaks. My kids will be almost 5 and almost 2 (twins) so we will be slow and maybe not even steady. We’re planning on bringing our double stroller from home because we will need it to get through the airport and renting a stroller for the 5yo, so our walking pace should be fine, but You can only get through a bathroom trip so fast with 3 kids.

Which brings up a question, do men’s restrooms have changing tables in Disney?

2 Likes

I cant tell you about the mens but they do have the handicap /family that do

2 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

I’m so tempted to say no, men are not allowed to change their kids in Disney. But honestly I can’t remember my DD is 18 almost 19 and I have not changed a diaper in over 16 years. Also I’m disabled and I try not to use the regular restrooms because I’m scared of slipping on the wet floors. The handicapped / family restrooms do.

2 Likes

I cannot personally confirm, but supposedly yes. Disney is reported to have changing tables in all the restrooms. They have major cred with single parents and same sex families over these sorts of details.

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

welcome to forum. in your plans, make sure to set walking speed to very relaxed and I’d add in additional breaks

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Ask as many questions as you like. You’ve set the bar pretty low, what with not wanting to break up with a guy and puke. haha! Some of us like to show off how much we know about Disney. :grin: But mostly we like to help and live vicariously through whoever is visiting the World next. I’m sure you’re trip will exceed all expectations!

1 Like

Yes, the mens rooms have changing tables like the womens. And this purely anecdotal but my wife and I compared notes and concluded that on average the changing tables in the mens rooms were cleaner than the changing tables in the womens rooms. This means not enough men are changing diapers in WDW :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I was a band mom for several years but my DD’s band was never able to go to WDW. Anytime we see a marching band there I always go out of my way to cheer for them nice and loud :grinning:

1 Like

Before I digress below… Welcome to the forum!! You’re well ahead of the game on planning in advance of ADRs! And as for questions, ask away not just for yourself, but for those of us (like me) who love to spend their time soaking up the Disney knowledge from all the experts here in between trips!!!

Sorry in advance to hijack… BUT…My mind is blown. I’ve never even thought to ask my husband about it (because he’s usually doing a lot of other things to support me with the kids besides changing bums and I’ve just always been the de facto bum changer everywhere including home).

I just turned to my husband and asked him for the first time ever “Does Disneyland have changing tables in the men’s room?” (We’ve only been to WDW once but go as much as we can with our 3 kids- one still diaper age with another on the way that will be diaper age for at least 2-3 more years) He was quick to answer “Oh yeah” and then upon seeing my face light up with an “aha” moment [jokingly] changed his answer to “No idea what you’re talking about”

But no matter what he says, I’ve just named him “Official Bum Changer at Toontown and the Fantasyland Theater” (in Disneyland there is only 1 changing table in each of those bathrooms and there is ALWAYS a line for them being in the kid-friendly heavy areas that they are with such limited real estate). So thank you for enlightening me on this today!

6 Likes

Loraine! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Thanks Karen!!! I keep meaning to post an announcement to my Facebook page but I just haven’t gotten around to it… LOL!

2 Likes

My high school band director was a big Disney fan, so my school went once every 4 years until he retired a few years ago. All of my siblings went that way, but we didn’t overlap. Then my parents took my brother and sister again in 2011 when my sister graduated from college, but I had just started a new job and didn’t have enough time off saved up. They did use touring plans for that trip though!

1 Like

I love this! On road trips, my dh has always been the default diaper changer, because our older kids are girls. I take the barely-potty-trained and the already-peed-my-pants and the can’t-reach-the-sink children to the ladies room, and he gets to change a diaper. It works for us. And he can’t complain, because as our family has grown, I’ve been the one taking more kids to the bathroom and he still only has to deal with one. :laughing:

2 Likes