I’m going to Disney World THIS YEAR!

6/21-30 at OKW.

Tentative 9/30-10/4 at CBR. Booked but tentative

4 Likes

I have 10 days booked at wdw. I am hoping not to miss out on Orlando’s 50 years of the magic kingdom. Early September. Right after labor day.

2 Likes

Still hoping for April-May… but with the 14-day quarantine in place…

2 Likes

Ditto.

2 Likes

I hope DLR works out for you this year!

4 Likes

Ditto from me as well!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to read your trip report! We’ve been waiting for this one along with you for a long time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

April 7 to April 18, hopefully to make up for our cancelled December trip. Watching for room discounts if we have to change to May if some of us haven’t gotten the vaccine.

Then tentatively, October 22 to November 2, will probably take off a day or two.

2 Likes

I’m going in December! Tentative dates are Dec. 20-30. However, last night I started contemplating going in June, instead. The cost of going in December is so much higher. So. for cost reasons, June is starting to look more appealing. Hard to predict what the World will look like in 5 months, though.

3 Likes

We LOVE longer trips mostly because of the slower pace. We sleep in until 10 or 11 EST, we mosey on in for our first meal and then my DH goes back to the room to work and nap while the kid and I run amok. Then we all meet back up late afternoon, early evening, do a nice sit down dinner and then do ALL THE THINGS as a family on our pace with much lower crowds (especially with EMH). We head back to the room around 1 or 2am, rinse and repeat.

4 Likes

I. Am. Impressed. Nicely done.

1 Like

Just last night my son was sad that he’s probably too tall for the tire swing in the Grizzly Peak area. My husband said “Well Yay! We have no reason to go back now, WDW only going forward.”

To which I fixed him with the appropriate stare, and let him know we’ll be thinking of him as our kid and I would be hanging out on the Avengers Campus.

All of a sudden, DLR is back on the table for family trips :laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

From the title, I assumed this was one of @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s threads.

I’m booked to go — which is not the same as actually going: there’s a pandemic on, you know — in August. For seven nights. You bloody people don’t realise how lucky you are with your huge extended trips. I hate you. And I really mean that, from the bottom of my heart.

I’m also booked to go to DLP in April for my birthday — staying at the equivalent of GF, for two nights. And again in July — staying at the equivalent of YC, for three nights.

11 Likes

August 15-25, but lots has to change for it to happen, because DH does not want to do masks in the heat and humidity :hot_face:

2 Likes

Masks in heat and humidity really aren’t that bad. We brought changes and that helped a lot. Hopefully things will have improved enough in the next 8 months though that masks won’t be required. I hope those aren’t famous last words; I never thought it would be this bad.

4 Likes

I agree with you, but DH never will, he can’t stand masks in any weather, unfortunately, so we have done very little fun stuff since March :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. Eventually things will improve :grimacing::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Are masks not required where you live? I think since they have been required for so long in every store and all day in work it is almost like I forgot a piece of clothing if I don’t have a mask on but if that is not your “normal” I can understand feeling differently.

3 Likes

I so rarely leave my house that I’ve started to forget to take a mask with me when I do and have to turn around and get one. I really haven’t worn a mask much at all due to my isolationism.

4 Likes

I’m in NY, so most definitely required. I’m very used to it, but DH is a P.E. teacher and spent most classes outside on the track where they were allowed to have masks down when socially distanced. And now they have been remote for awhile, so he hasn’t had to wear it. His school district in general has been more lax about mask requirements than mine. Even though we are in the same county :woman_shrugging: