I Love Kids, but am taking an adults vacation

Ok…October it is. And the crowd history shows lower crowds over all in the parks…but after a tequila lunch…who cares!!

1 Like

Vacation naps are the BEST naps lol

Here’s the scene I fell asleep to last time lol.

2 Likes

Now you’ve got it lol.

So if I do the DVC points rental, can I enter a confirmation is go Disney and then link tickets and a meal plan to the reservation?

Yep as soon as a member picks up your reservation and books it you get a normal booking code under your name just like a regular reservation. Just tell your booking agent you want the DDP as well and they can make sure the member requests it when it’s booked. You will need to pay for the dining plan up front as they get charged when they add it. You’ll also get Magic Bands and all the normal perks for booking direct with Disney.

The only other difference is that you don’t get daily housekeeping. They’ll empty your trash and give you fresh towels on day for and a full clean on day 8. But we don’t like them in our room every day so not a problem for us. There is an option to pay for daily service but I’m not sure how much it is. Probably still way less than paying rack rate lol.

@Outer1 is wise. Don’t overlook AKL especially for serenity (now!)

1 Like

HI,

So I have read through all the information about renting points and I want to try it, but I find myself nervous about the process. Maybe it’s the idea that if I am not doing it directly through Disney, I am putting myself at risk of all the pieces like tickets and dining not coming together, reservation getting lost, etc. At the DVC resorts where you rented, have you always had a good experience?

I’ve never had any problem and there are tons of liners that do this on a regular basis. Keep in mind using a broker is safe. The person selling the points that are being rented to you doesn’t get most of their money until after you check-in. Also cancelled DVC stays have lots of weird restrictions about trying to use those points elsewhere so there is very little motivation for these DVC contract owners to try and pull a fast one on you. In 3 years of being on this site I’ve never seen a single person report any major issues with point renting. I would probably be a little more concerned renting direct from an owner, even though lots do it and save even more, but the brokers are well regarded and they will not continue doing business with any owner that causes a problem. I really wouldn’t let that stop you.

Now if you are worried that it might take you longer to get a reservation for things like booking your dining at 180 days there are ways around that. If you are getting close to that mark and you don’t yet have a confirmed reservation you can always book a room only reservation at a value resort direct with disney for the length you’ll be staying. You’ll have to put up one nights rental rate as a deposit. Once your check out day is less than 180 days out you can cancel that room only reservation, get a full refund, and not lose any of your ADR’s.

1 Like

Love it. Love the way you think. I will keep you posted.

1 Like