So vote. 50s prime time or sci fi.

1 Like

Sci Fi!

2 Likes

Sci Fi.

3 Likes

cuz ya’ll are youngins! :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t care for the food at 50’s. I know a lot of ppl do, plus, I love science fiction!

1 Like

Can’t understand the Sci Fi thing. Food isn’t that great. Your crammed into a booth. The movies are short clips of old Sci Fi TV shows. I wasn’t impressed in the least. Maybe it’s because I remember the whole flick when it played on TV

4 Likes

Sci-fi. I think it depends on the demographics of your group. 50s menu didn’t appeal to us. Plus with little kids I was afraid that they would actually get upset by being “yelled” at by the wait staff. Kids loved Sci-fi and kept asking to eat in a car again.

2 Likes

Sci Fi - good burgers, cool, dark, fun ambiance. Clips are repetitive. Always wait sooo long to be seated.

50s - food is fine (too much of it), don’t want to be teased or even really engage with waitstaff when I’m hot, sweaty, and tired from parks, prefer more isolation from other diners.

My vote’s for Sci Fi, but not by a lot.

Mama Melrose is perfectly adequate, in my experience.

2 Likes

Food looks a teensie bit healthier at 50s…maybe I can order a salad and take it to Sci Fi HAHAHA

1 Like

Went to the 50"s Café many years ago when our kids were young. They hated it because the waitress made them eat there pea’s before they could have desert. The oldest stuffed his pea’s under the chicken bones and the waitress told him what a good boy he was for eating all his pea’s. The youngest was quite that smart and had to eat his pea’s. My wife and I were rolling over in our chairs watching this whole ordeal. You see, we did it for real in real life when we were young and the setting was almost the same watching black and white TV with “I Love Lucy” playing while eating at a old formica table. Such fun! :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Very minimally i would guess, lol!

Sci Fi. It’s dark, cool, and amazingly quiet. Burgers, onion rings, shakes. Yum!

3 Likes

sci-fi. a nice, low-key environment with a good range of options. it’s not fine dining but it hit the spot!

2 Likes

See this sounds right up my alley. The formica! I was a baby in the VERY late 50’s tee hee. Will just be me and DH, but he loves stuff like pot roast…me not so much. I appreciate all the input; may have to flip a coin…although looks like the vote is sci fi for most

1 Like

Its sounds like u like 50’s so go for it. A lot of ppl do. U dont want to regret not going. If nothing particular grabs u about sci fi, skip it. The food at disney is mediocre for me, even the TS. I feel like u pay for the atmosphere. But Im spoiled, I live in NOLA area, best food in the country IMO.

1 Like

I absolutely love both!!! But my must not miss is the chicken pot pie at 50s.

1 Like

I got the vegan tofu wraps at sci-fi. It was healthy and good - just pita to eat in the tight, dark space.

2 Likes

Sci Fi! It’s a must do for us every trip. Always Sci Fi. I keep thinking we will try 50’s, but the thought of heavy food during a hot day at HS just doesn’t sound good. But cold, dark, quiet Sci Fi always sounds perfect.

3 Likes

yea…I hear that the food is heavy at 50s and I know Nov 1 is likely to be quite warm still. Seriously …coin flipping time

1 Like

For us, Sci Fi but 50s is hilarious. Not our food but I can still see DD rolling her eyes and giving in when the CM sang “all we are saying, is give peas a chance!” and “its a small pea after all!”

1 Like