I Know I'm Going to Forget Something

Was there any recourse?

Luckily for me I have an amazing husband. I realized the forgotten tickets when we arrived at the airport. We live about an hour away and I called my husband. He drove (quite quickly) to the airport with the tickets (our flight was at 5:50 am on a Saturday so there wasn’t traffic). I was the last person to board the plane, but I made it with tickets in hand.
I’m actually not sure what would have happened. The paper “tickets” are really vouchers that have to be exchanged at guest services. I’m pretty sure we would have been out of luck.

2 Likes

Ouch!

Good thing your DH wasn’t going with you on that trip and that he was home!

1 Like

Last December we forgot all our DD5’s underwear at home. We have no idea how it didn’t make it from the bedroom floor into the suitcase. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime. We had two outfits for our travel (one emergency, one for the overnight in MCO) so we made it work.

1 Like

Not Disney but my senior year of high school my mom was driving us to a Key Club regional convention. It was about five hours from home. We got 2.5 hours in and realized I’d left my dress at home. So 2.5 hours back and then another 2.5 hours to get back to where we were. My poor mom was exhausted.

Funny enough, that’s not the first forgotten dress on a family trip. For my parents honeymoon my mom had all her evening gowns on hangers. My dad grabbed their bags but missed the hanging items. They got all the way to Montreal and my mom had nothing to wear for their evenings (and dressing causally wasn’t acceptable for where they were dining).

For being the organizer in our family, I’m also kind of notorious for forgetting things. In the last six months my husband has had to bring me tickets to a show I left at home and run back to a doctor’s office for my cell phone (which is in a case with my drivers license, credit card and debit card). He’s very patient with me.

2 Likes

I wear glasses for distance (but not on a regular basis) and realized at the airport that I forgot them for our trip to CA/DLR. I spent that week not seeing anything far away too clearly.

The worst part was I had originally packed them, then at the last minute the night before my friend and I decided to go to Walmart to get more snacks for the plane. I wore my glasses to drive there and then left them in my car. So I forgot my glasses over some twizzlers :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Now that might just be the worst possible thing to forget! Being near-sighted myself, I know I’d be miserable not being able to see anything after spending a few grand on a Disney vacation!

Been there before! You’re worried so much about everyone else, you forget your own things :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I forgot which way I was driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike last summer and was forced into a similar situation! I’m not that familiar with turnpikes, I live in the great wide open where there aren’t any exits anyway, but basically you can turn around pretty much anywhere you want.

Not so with a turnpike.

I got back on it going the wrong way, and it was 45 minutes to the next exit. I swore a blue streak for an hour and a half. I told my sad tale to the guy at the toll booth and he said that at least I stuck it out, the week before someone was killed trying to back up because they had done the same thing.

Hahaha! That’s hilarious. Well, at least there was a quick fix.

During the suitcase debacle I mentioned earlier, DH lost all his clothes as well. We had to buy underwear in Dublin. NOBODY buys underwear in downtown Dublin. It was about $10 a pair, once we finally found some!

DH would think that was a fair trade. :wink: I could vacation without my regular glasses, but not without my prescription sunglasses. I’d have my neighbor break into my house and overnight-air them if I had to!

3 Likes

Come on! Stop bein’ a baby! So we backtracked a tad!

1 Like

You cannot believe how furious I was! DS20 was laughing his skinny little butt off the whole time. Just a dumb, dumb mistake. Arrggghh!

1 Like

That’s bold, for someone who has to sit in the car that much longer

1 Like

He doesn’t care, he sleeps. I told him he was a bad navigator.

1 Like

His appropriate response would have been:

You drove almost a 6th of the way across the country in the wrong… DIRECTION!!! Now we don’t have enough money to get to Aspen! We don’t have enough money to get home! We don’t have enough money to eat! We don’t have enough money… TO SLEEP!!

1 Like

It was definitely a case of dumb and dumber.:wink:

1 Like