I Know I'm Going to Forget Something

…it’s inevitable! I just have a lot going on and this trip (next week!!!) is a combination of DD24’s graduation and driving down to WDW so the packing list ranges from fairly formal attire to swimsuits. Probably my worst mistake ever was when she was little we forgot the same DD’s winter coat on a SKI TRIP. Ugh, that was an expensive oversight.

What’s your worst (or funniest) miss on the packing list?

1 Like

The entire paperwork pile on our last trip. I left it all on the dining table. At least I had the tickets and passports. But the reservation stuff ( with technically a 4-way split stay) was sitting there. All the TPs I’d printed out too!

When we got to DME, by the time DH had brought up res #1 on his phone, the CM had found us by name on his iPad.

1 Like

Oh, what a headache! I can relate to that, though. DH’s suitcase got stolen right out of the trunk of the car once- and it had that stack of paperwork in it. I was worried about all the personal info in there, but we figured it wasn’t an identity-theft-type of thief who took it. Still, I bet copies of our passports are rotting away in a cow pasture somewhere north of Dublin!

2015, 8 of us ages 2 - 46, on the road from NY to OR and back for 2.5 weeks. I forgot SO much. While I was already beating myself up for forgetting little things like the list of safe foods at chain restaurants (for DS with allergies), and the Melissa and Doug License Plate game, and the files I was going to proof-read for my budding writers, and my favorite coffee, and the swim diapers, and my favorite sunvisor…I suddenly realized I had also forgotten my wedding band.

1 Like

On my first trip I had booked a VIP tour at UOR. As is usual in these things park entry is not included so you need a separate ticket.

Which I left on the dresser in the house I was staying in.

While the other VIP guests were enjoying breakfast I was desperately trying to prove I did have a valid ticket. In the end a chain of e-mails on my phone led them to the ticket number and they were able to check me in.

Stressful!

3 Likes

Back in the days before all plane tickets were electronic, i had a ticket for my wife that could only be issued as a paper ticket. For my wife. For our honeymoon. Forgot it in Louisiana at home and went up to Indiana for the wedding. “Luckily” the airline graciously charged me a $100 change fee to reissue the ticket as an e-ticket.

1 Like

:scream:

When did you realise? And more to the point, when did you admit it to her? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s been a few years, so I’m not real sure. I don’t remember hiding it, just glad it was easily fixed.

2 Likes

Worst thing so far has luckily only been DH phone charge cable. He had insisted on using the charger on the way to the airport, and forgot to grab it when we parked. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I did the same thing - I went on a ski trip and forgot to take my coat! Not my finest moment as a person who thinks of herself as pretty organized.

1 Like

I always try to leave my tickets at home when going to sporting events. The one thing I have to take. I now try to make a habit of taking a picture of them with my phone so that if I do forget them I have the picture.

1 Like

Well, at least you probably got a new coat out of it the deal! The worst part of it was SHE got the new coat, the little stinker. Not much of a punishment for forgetting it. Of course mom & dad should have remembered, but we’re the only ones who were penalized. Not fair.

(runs off to take a pic of AP voucher right now)
Thanks!

1 Like

Actually I’ve just remembered one worse than my coat - on a trip to the US to go to an amusement park, my husband forgot his passport. We were staying at a friend’s house in Niagara Falls for the weekend, and the plan was to all drive across the border for the day on Saturday. Except my husband, a British citizen, wasn’t allowed to cross.

And then the next year he did it again.

3 Likes

Hah!

How about this:

Forgot to renew driver’s license before travelling. It expired during the time I was gone. Was not allowed to rent a car. Luckily, I was allowed to fly back on my return flight with the expired license after extra screening. The funny thing was, they sent me to a line by myself for the extra screening, so I cleared security way faster than everyone else!

1 Like

That happened to use too. When DH went to rent a car, he found his license was expired. He was used to living where the state reminded you, but at the time our home state did not. So, very smugly and with a sense of sure superiority, I chided him for his forgetfulness and whipped out my own license- which was also expired! :rofl: My sis was not thrilled that she had to drive up from Los Altos to pick us up at SFO. But at least we were visiting relatives who could give us a car to drive.

2 Likes

I’m so scatter brained…I forget if I ever forgot something :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I’m with @bethro23 in that department! All I have to say is thank goodness for Amazon and 1-day delivery.

It’s finally almost here! I hope everyone meets up safely and that you all have a great time!

2 Likes

Aw, thank you! Yep, like I always say, there’s nothing a phone and a credit card can’t handle.
We’re pretty excited- with the added bonus that we haven’t all seen each other in months so the reunion will be extra fun.

2 Likes

We are eligible to purchase discounted park tickets through the military. I went on a trip with 3 of my friends and bought them tickets. I’m not used to having paper tickets since we are APs and I forgot the paper tickets at home.

1 Like