I Just Rode RAT. Ok, Not Actually

I think it will be one of those rides wherein folks need to watch the movie to fully appreciate the ride. I never appreciated Peter Pan until I watched the movie a few years ago. (Don’t recall watching when I was a kid.) :flushed:

3 Likes

So TP’s IG has video and photos of Remy also.
I think everyone needs to climb down off their outrage horses for a little and just breathe.
Maybe they changed the rules?
It seems like it’s just one big outrage pile on after another these days. Everywhere. Not just Disney related. We’ve become so accustomed to it through news and social media.

5 Likes

I for one was not outraged.

Curious maybe.
Disappointed if someone was breaking the rules (I hate that in general)

But not outraged.
No horse to climb down from.

1 Like

Wasn’t speaking to you or anyone specifically. I can just see it winding up and would hate for the whole thread to go down that road.

1 Like

First look: Disney explores new small world with Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure ride at Epcot - Orlando Sentinel

hahaha even the local paper is talking about it :wink: no inside pictures

My guess is RAT is wildly popular at first since it’s new - much like Frozen was. After that it settles down to a reasonable demand range (again like Frozen) after a year or so. It probably only stays BG until Guardians at the longest or when the demand starts to calm down a little…

5 Likes

i can’t wait to see what Tron does to the 7DMT line. I know, totally different park and stuff, but 7DMT only gets so much traffic cause it’s the newest ride. I wonder if it’ll hold up once Tron gets going.

5 Likes

The biggest difference will be the height requirement - 7DMT is only 38" so most families can ride while Tron is 48" which will limit young kids somewhat. But I would presume you’re right that it will make 7DMT more like Big Thunder in demand in all likelihood. Busy, but not crazy…

It has been somewhat remarkable that 7DMT has remained as popular as it has despite being open for 7 years…

2 Likes

Well, your lack of outrage has outraged me.

6 Likes

I’m outraged at being told not to be outraged.

SO PISS OFF!!!

3 Likes

Tron has a consistent two hour line in Shanghai and we bought individual fastpasses for at $25/pop per person TWICE after our initial package of Fastpasses that included it. It’s a much better ride than 7DMT and even with height requirements it’s going to have long lines for a long time.

I would even say it’s the best ride at a Disney park I’ve ever ridden if you like roller coasters. The laying across the bike (and it’s much more laying on it like a racing motorcycle versus a standard motorcycle like the one in Hagrid’s or a Harley) improves it over normal roller coasters. It’s a unique experience.

2 Likes

You mean to say:

I find your lack of outrage outrageous

8 Likes

oh, good lord vader
DadJokes

5 Likes

Well if everyone REALLY wants to be outraged, TP posted on IG that they found code in the DL app for paying for APRs. It’s currently turned off, but we all know they don’t build code like that for nothing. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

It was in another thread.

Nothing really discernable and another guy kind of debunked it (for now)

1 Like

Oh must’ve been one of the Genie threads. I’m actively avoiding them.

2 Likes

I looked at the acronym thread and did not see this…what is APR? I am having an off day.

Advance Park Reservations

Annual Percentage Rate (for the mortgage you’ll soon need to visit WDW)

I KID! I KID!

19 Likes

OK. I can see why they would put it in MDE. It makes sense to put everything in one place and have the ability to reference the code of any future ideas they come up with where they need to know where you are going to be.