I Just Rode RAT. Ok, Not Actually

Molly with AllEars just did a live video on IG to let us ride Remy’s with her. It’s cute, but I definitely will not pay extra - if it comes to that. And IMO it should not be a BG ride. The pavilion is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing it in person.

8 Likes

I didn’t think guests were allowed to do video/photos during the preview days? I’m going to try and avoid spoilers on this – we have preview passes in a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

didn’t you know? Bloggers don’t need to abide by rules. It conflicts with their click-baiting.

12 Likes

To be fair, while I’m not a fan of the new ownership, I watched the first part of it, and they aren’t trying to hide that they are recording at all. They have the phone out, they’re talking to people in the livestream, the CMs are right there and make no effort to stop her.
Maybe they realized it’s futile?

2 Likes

But…isn’t the point of preview days to drum up interest? Disney WANTS the free advertising.

3 Likes

not the point, though. If i was a CM, I wouldn’t be bothering to stop them either. I ain’t getting paid enough to make a fuss over something that’s going to get leaked anyway.

Plus Disney needs all the posi-press it can get right now, so no point in stopping them

BUT…that said, if these bloggers were told “no” ahead of time and came in with cameras anyway, the blame is solely with them, and where my ire begins.

2 Likes

No. Not actually. The previews are meant to be done under publication embargo.

I guess it matters if this is one of the public squeak peeks or a CM/media exclusive preview.

2 Likes

Not sure if this is pertinent but my squeak peek registration confirmation does not list any restrictions on photos – I just re-read the emails. If there are restrictions when I get there I will certainly honor them.

4 Likes

I saw a video too a CM took during the CM preview. It doesn’t look that great of a ride to me either. Okay, but not like RotR. I too thought I’m in no rush to ride this.

I overheard some CM’s talking about it during the preview when they were behind me in line for Soarin’ Even they said Universal is better at this kind of thing with the moving screens and set pieces (like Forbidden Journey, SpiderMan, etc.)

2 Likes

How does it compare to MMRR?

1 Like

It doesn’t look as good to me but I will say that I never think ride through videos look as good as the real thing so I’ll hold final judgment till I personally ride. I like MMRR but now I’ve ridden it multiple times its losing it’s luster for me (unlike Great Movie Ride which was always great imho).

Edit: To clarify I prefer 3D sets and robotics to movie screens. So I am biased. :wink:

2 Likes

My initial impression from press info was that Remy was going to be similar to MMRR in ride style. If that’s true I don’t see the need the compare to RotR or needing a BG either. Maybe the BG will disappear when the hype wears off? My Squeak Peek isn’t until Sept 23

1 Like

Or maybe it’ll disappear when GOTG opens and becomes the big draw/LL$ attraction?

5 Likes

Remy’s might have a slight edge over MMRR because it has extra effects.

2 Likes

…and no Ren & Stimpy style cartoons that make beloved characters look like they are overdosing?

4 Likes

4 Likes

Nope. I like the new animation style. I didn’t at first, but it grew on me and now I prefer it, especially after I watched the shorts. I think it fits the theme of the new cartoons as well which are way more chaotic, like the classic 30s cartoons. The “old versions” feel “bloated” and sluggish in comparison now. The new animation style feels more expressive and energetic.

annnnd down this rabbit hole we go

Honestly, if you don’t find this funny, you’re dead inside.

9 Likes

It was DFB of all places that I read that photos weren’t allowed.

apparently that was SO last week!

today’s post

1 Like

OMG and we know that DFB is AllEars (or vice-versa)

What a contradiction!

Unless the “earlier this week” was the media event and today was a non-embargoed squeak peek

1 Like

I’m thinking that’s the case

1 Like