I had a Terrible Disney Dream last night

I dreamt my husband and I were on our upcoming trip in December 2020. It was our Epcot day and I was really excited. But when we got there, it was really run down and the rides were more like Carnival Rides. :joy: Then this guy kept asking us to help him find his missing white dog. We spent hours helping him. We finally found the dog inside a shop and I turned to my husband- Yay! Letā€™s finally ride rides!! So we hopped on a sad, little merry go round. As we were circling on the pathetic excuse for a ride, I realized it was already 8:00 and we wouldnā€™t get to go to World Showcase for snacks & drinks at all on our only Epcot Day. I woke up so sad!!

This is my second Disney Stress dream in the past week :laughing: Both were related to time & (lack of) planning. I hadnā€™t planned on doing a full daily touring plan for this trip. My plan right now is to arrive well before park opening, ride the important rides first thing.(MMRR, FEA, BTMR, Splash, etc). Then, have a sit down lunch each day to relax. Late afternoon: ride what looks like reasonable lines according to the Lines app, go with the flow. Then in the evenings, hit the headliners we missed or what we want to ride again. End the day with a sit down dinner.

Whatā€™s your opinion- Get more specific with my plan or go with the flow? I am a hard core planner in life, but this trip is just my husband and me, so I thought maybe going with the flow could be nice.

For those that are doing TPā€™s right now and optimizing while in the parkā€¦ do you just add the rides you want to ride along with ADRs that are set and continually optimize? Or do you add Breaks as well and have a specific set plan?

I think all the cutback news is getting to you.

I would go with the flow.

3 Likes

Your response instantly relaxed me. I think itā€™s simply because itā€™s from you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I would plan a little more, just to stop the nightmares :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t matter how much I planā€¦ I always get Disney stress dreams before a trip! The anticipation!!

2 Likes

Scary dream. Iā€™m picturing like weeds and overgrowth everywhere and a rusty abandoned ferris wheel a la Chernobyl. I havenā€™t had that one, but Iā€™ve dreamed about being turned down at the gate for some unknown reason. General stress about planning during this unique time is kicking in more, and for me, as I get closer, Iā€™m getting more scared about being unlucky and getting covid right before the trip.

I tend to agree with you! The weird thing is when I sit down to plan, Iā€™m confused about how to do it with this trip. I canā€™t even figure out how to plan my shopping/packing because itā€™s December in Florida and I might need tank tops or I might need sweatshirts.

2 Likes

Oh my. Iā€™m blushing!!

Glad I could help :slight_smile: Itā€™s what I do!

1 Like

Zombieland

1 Like

I am right there with you. First week of Dec can be high 70ā€™s to low 60ā€™s, lol. My DH is fine with short sleeves in cooler weather. I am not! I have 3 "clothing lists, lol. One for average high below 69, I for average high 70-75 and 1 for above 75. Im checking the weather a week before and grabbing a set of clothes from each category for the given day. Ill bring a few extra pieces just incase the weather changes drastically from the forecast. As far as planning a TP, Ive set to relaxed walking, added all my must dos, breaks and dining. Then added extra 20 min breaks every couple hours with notes (ahead of schedule, ride this), optimized and figure what the ride this will be based on proximity. Having the most trouble with epcot though.

Things are fine. Donā€™t worry.

Here are a few random photos recently taken at Walt Disney World parks.

Castle at MK:

The Teacups at MK:

Part of Dinoland USA:

Kali River Rapids:

One of the shops in World Showcase:

So, see? Everythingā€™s just peachy!

13 Likes

It was definitely NOT up to Disney standards. I didnā€™t seem to notice how sad it was until I got on the merry go round thing and was circling around and around and was like WHAT AM I EVEN ON. Then I looked out into the distance and could SEE World Showcase past the lagoon and it looked so pretty and actually like World Showcase. But I didnā€™t get to go enjoy that part. Womp Wooomp.

It just occurred to me that World Showcase snacks/drinks are the one thing I have actually planned out specifically. I have a list, in order, of the Holiday Kitchens weā€™ll enjoy, what weā€™ll eat/drink, and our total cost. Maybe we just unlocked the point of my dream- STOP over planning or youā€™ll miss it. :face_with_monocle: Hmmmā€¦

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: Those pics are SPOT ON for my dream. :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

1 Like

Thatā€™s definitely the shop where I found the white dog, huddled in a corner whimpering.

3 Likes

That white shack next to the teacups must be all thatā€™s left of Cheshire Cafe. I bet they have a stale moldy Cheshire Cat Tail in there. Yum.

2 Likes

Not sureā€¦but I heard it is part of Disneyā€™s new ā€œback to natureā€ theming they are going for. Personally think it is some of their best Imagineering to date.

1 Like

Even if itā€™s not a Touring Plan in the way that it used to be in the before-time (strict ride order, FPs, more ADRs), I still like to have a TP more as a checklist. Like, I think we somehow missed the Tangled bathrooms on our last WDW trip - and itā€™s not a big headliner or something that I know I will remember I want to do when walking into the park one morning.

I also add snacks I want to try, etc. checking the TP during the day reminds me when Iā€™m near some thing minor (snack, bathroom, artwork, specific shop) that I was interested in. None of those are super high priority, but I hate to just walk right by stuff that would be worth a 5 minute detour simply because I didnā€™t have any kind of plan. And itā€™s totally ok to look at the TP and go ā€œmeh, thought that might be interesting, but now that weā€™re hereā€¦not feeling the detourā€ and cross it off and move on.

Also makes it easy to optimize during the day and let TP tell me what the relative wait vs walk analysis is.

Are you referring to Waltā€™s original standards or Chapekā€™s new standards?

1 Like

1 Like