I gotta Go I gotta Go I Gotta GO!

How are you to maintain a “happy glow” all day if you don’t get an early start?!

2 Likes

That’s always been optional in the Church of England.

3 Likes

I know my math is only fair and 5 out of 4 people can’t do math but am I wrong that you were in Cambridge at the age of 15?

Yes.

High school kids in the UK take what are called “public exams” — they are set and graded by independent bodies and not by the schools themselves. Historically they were set by the great universities.

So that certificate records my achievement in three exam I sat at high school at the age of 15. The exam was written and graded by a joint council of the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.

It verifies that I can read and write, do hard sums, and know something about the Bible.

1 Like

Ah, yes. I’m quite familiar with this. Read all about it in the Harry Potter books. But I thought they were called OWLs…Ordinary Wizarding Levels. Hmm. I think they messed up your certificate.

6 Likes

Me? Happy? Do you even know me at all?

Are you saying I’m fat?

1 Like

I hope I won’t be thought less of but after brunch I have a 1300 mile drive back home. I’m hoping they have virgin mimosas because I like being able to drive and would hate to lose my license or worse. The worse would be letting DW drive, other people on the road would be safer with me drunk and behind the wheel (which won’t happen)

2 Likes

Reading this thread is a great source of entertainment to me while I sit here during a period of the day that I am not teaching. Just thought I’d let you know, it’s getting me through my morning.

3 Likes

Ok thanks for the clarification.

OOOOOH no comment on DW driving, but yes, they have “child’s mimosa”

2 Likes

Ok to jump on the Matt and Ryan band waggon. ARE YOU CALLING ME A CHILD?

2 Likes

absolutely…NOT :laughing:

1 Like

What I should have said is “yes, you are correct”.

Then, everyone would have thought I was some kind of child genius.

Instead of calling me fat.

4 Likes

Listen, my son. You don’t have to get snippy…

1 Like

Your photo shows you sitting next to an actor dressed up in a costume designed to look like a cartoon character from a child’s tv programme.

Immensely childish.

4 Likes

Ok because I know I have boyish good looks and maybe a child at heart be please. I married 20 years and have a DD who is 18.

Oh I did fail to mention DD will being staying home Dd(disney dog) is getting too old to leave with my parents.

3 Likes

I guess not :wink:

And absolutely not.

Absolutely! Straight up without the non alchohlic dilution.

2 Likes

Just don’t enjoy it. Right?

1 Like

Five children later…:joy:

2 Likes