I don't like my customized touring plans

I was a die hard fan of the Passporter for Disney trips. I was initially really sad when I returned to Disney planning after 10 years of not going to find out they were gone.

3 Likes

I don’t use optimise on my plans. I might do when creating them, by duplicating them and seeing what the optimiser suggests, but generally I know how I want to tour.

So I make the plan, add breaks (I like lots of time for detours and impromptu fun stuff - like visiting the wishing well), and use Evaluate to see how long it might realistically take us.

So I could at that point print out the plan. In fact I found by then I knew the plan inside out and didn’t need to refer to it at all.

I think if I was using the plan from the book I’d still create a plan for the specific day and evaluate it to get an idea of how long it would take, in case I needed to cut a couple of things out. Otherwise you risk having to cut whatever comes last in the plan, which might turn out to be something you really wanted to do.

2 Likes

Just to be clear…SCANNING the QR code is not dangerous. But once you scan it, it will show you what the QR code “means”. So, don’t follow the link that the QR code presents to you without confirming it looks legitimate.

So, scanning a QR code is more like opening the email. Following the link provided by the QR code is like clinking on the link in the email.

By default, the QR code reader shouldn’t automatically follow a link.

2 Likes

Ohh I miss those-

Still have my binder…

3 Likes

Pretty sure not.

In December 2020 my niece’s and her kid’s phones read codes just fine.

Mine and my sister’s phones not at all.

Niece and kid are phone savvy. Niece is a retail store manager of a national chain, using her phone for all sorts of customer service/HR kinds of things.

Both were telling my sister and me how you don’t have to do anything at all, you just point at the code, here let me see your phone, oh, yours doesn’t work, what kind of phone do you have?

Old semi smart 2017 Samsung J7. That’s what.

It does open the Disney app where some menus reside or even allears with some more up to date menus.

Turns out, if you need dairy and gluten free choices you need a paper menu anyway. But only for the first couple of restaurants because, back in December, the choices were limited.

:grin:

Thanks for the rant @bay_loftis!

2 Likes

It is more about the OS version than how old the phone is. Just that older phones don’t tend to allow upgrades beyond a certain version of Android. The exception are the Google phones (such as the Pixel) which keep getting the latest versions.

I have a Moto G7, running Android 10. (Latest is Android 11.) If you have a phone running something earlier than Android 10, it is possible it it doesn’t have the QR feature built in. (I don’t know for sure which Android OS it was introduced.)

Another PassPorter here!

It was really the best resource for planning. sigh

3 Likes

I pick all the things I want, Optimize it, then move around the things that don’t make sense before Evaluating it.

When we get closer, I will make copies of the “final” plans and will be able to optimize them in the park while on the go while still keeping our originals for reference.

1 Like

Android 8.1.0 according to my phone.

Lousy camera and tiny storage are prompting me to start to think of looking around at new phones.

Maybe.

:confounded:

Learning curves get steeper and steeper these days . . .

Ah. So, not only is the phone old, but the Android OS version itself is 4 years old.

1 Like