I did it, bought AP's for the family! Any tips how to get most out of them?

Finally bit the bullet and broke down and bought AP for me, DW and DD14. Thanks to all who posted answers to my prior questions about buying AP’s.

We are leaving for a last minute 4 day trip in 10 days, staying offsite and will be staying a full week at CSR in late September. No AP room discounts available yet in September.

Any tips and/or advice from you seasoned, Walt Disney World-wise AP experts and how to best get the maximum benefit out of our “new investment”?

2 Likes

congrats! following for tips.
Free parking at the parks! I just upgraded last week so i am not a seasoned AP holder but I was able to utilize the summer AP room discount for another short trip in August, but the main reason for me was for our longer family trip next may/june. will probably be staying at the double tree and likely driving to the parks, so not having to pay for parking was a big plus (and memory maker, 20% off merchandise).

Go as often as you can… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t forget to ask for discounts wherever you are spending money on property.

I forgot to use our AP for discount on a TS dinner on our last trip (for 7 people at Epcot, OUCH).
Maybe too much DATW that day?

Don’t forget to pick up your free AP car magnets at Epcot. They change them for pretty much every event, like Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden, Food & Wine. The pick up is usually somewhere in the Mouse Gear store.

Also, there are special souvenirs only available to AP holders, like pins and T-shirts. I’ve been collecting the AP-exclusive pins from each time we go.

Use the AP holder entrance at the parks, which usually has a much shorter line.

Use your discount for DAH tickets (saves $30 per person).

Don’t buy MYW packages anymore. The dining plan rarely makes sense if you’re getting the 10% AP discount at most TS restaurants.

2 Likes

There’s a 20% off special for table service lunches right now. I’d be checking that out and seeing if I could make it work if you plan on eating sit down meals.

I have only been to WDW once, but I being a CA resident, I often get the DLR AP. My approach with the DLR APs is to buy them one year and then go as many times as possible and then take a year or two off.

1 Like

I’m on the East coast, but I love DLR. I wish the Premier Passport AP didn’t cost so much. Otherwise, I’d be out there every year!

2 Likes

On DLR Chat they call it the “Fancy Pants” AP. I priced it once and it was more than buy the 2 APs for each coast separately, which makes no sense to me!

1 Like

:joy: I will definitely refer to it that way for now on! I can’t figure out the cost structure either; it’s completely crazy. Side note, I tried to flash my WDW AP card at DLR and they just laughed and said “nope, no discount for you” :rofl:

1 Like

I got the same response at WDW with my DLR AP :rofl::joy:!

1 Like

Hey, it was worth a shot :grin:

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

btw, good to “see” you Liner formerly known as @carthy15!

1 Like

Just posted this on another thread, but get the Tables in Wonderland card. Most table service locations, and some quick service offer 20% discount on food & alcohol with that card.