I can't even. Not Matsuriza!

The Japan drummers have been cancelled. As well as British Revolution.

Here’s their last performance. And I’m totally crying my eyes out.

4 Likes

And the last performance of British Revolution

5 Likes

I think that it was the last performance of Sergio, too. My DGDs loved watching him.

1 Like

I’m super bummed about this. Just got my FPPs on Tuesday and started preparing my touring plan, and so disappointed they are missing. My kids remember them from when they were little.

1 Like

I’m really glad we got a picture of Masuriza w/DGD last October.

1 Like

This is so weird but I wonder if they all were planned to finish up sometime in the next month…or after flower and garden and maybe Disney just told them to pack it up now because of the closure.

BR is my daughters favorite. We usually see a few performances on each trip, believe it or not.

What on earth are they going to use that pagoda for now?

1 Like

From what the performers said on their social media, it was sudden and unexpected.

1 Like

So weird. I just don’t get when a company handles something like that so clumisly. Disney really should do better than that. I watched Attraction Magazine’s video of the last show. It was epic and they were all total pros.

1 Like

DH listened to DisUnplugged podcast with Pete and Pete said this is the agenda of the guy who replaced Iger. Chapek? He thinks the CMs are entertainment enough and the acts are not needed.

Soooo…he wants it to be a very expensive Six Flags experience? Because it is the live entertainment that continually set Disney apart for many…not all…people.

2 Likes

I think that is where the Mary Poppins thing is going.

1 Like

With Chapek in charge, I expect to see anything that does not have a direct tie-in to an IP to either go away or be “reimagined”. He’s all about the bottom line and merchandising. And I think he’s going to use the Coronavirus closure as a tool to start stripping things away. I equate this to a hospital CEO who doesn’t have a clue of what patient care is all about and only views it as a spreadsheet-driven company.

3 Likes

I’d love a ninja or samurai training academy

2 Likes

You are definitely right. They woudn’t be able to perform while all the impending construction is going on.

3 Likes

This is tragic.

2 Likes