I call on your encyclopedic knowledge of Disney stuff

I loved Kitchen Kabaret! … though show show probably wouldn’t go over as well with today’s kids as it did in the 80s.

5 Likes

At least in Chrome you can right click on a picture and select “Search image with Google Lens”. I would have called it “Google Image Search” if it wasn’t for that right click option. But basically it just does an image search and shows you different websites with similar images. Pretty useful on occasion…

1 Like

I love learning about things like this, and I’m so glad that you posted. What’s the story behind how you came to (I assume) own it?

Ah, he was part of a 50th aniversary mystery pin set! Very random cast of characters.

7 Likes

Easy question ! Next.

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

It was a perfectly fine, light-hearted entertainment. It would’ve been a solid C Ticket if EPCOT had that ride hierarchy. The human animatronic host was Bonnie Appetit, and she introduced the anthropomorphic foods who sang and acted out skits about nutrition. The songs were catchy, the colors and animation engaging for both children and adults. Certainly worth a visit while one was in the Land pavilion. I probably saw it a dozen times over the years.

If one is foolish enough to ask Disney Twitter, the removal of attractions like this destroyed EPCOT’s core mission of education and is a betrayal greater than Judas handing over Jesus, and has left the park a gilded but burnt-out husk of its once great self. Even though it would’ve been a nearly-impossible stretch to call this show “educational.”

I guess the only thing I might agree with these malcontents on is that the parks really don’t have these second-tier rides and shows much anymore. They were good at soaking up crowds and provided some interesting buffers between the blockbuster attractions.

5 Likes

I still miss IO

I’m not following. What’s “IO?”

It was an original Epcot character. A little computer character. Somewhere we have my 7 year old niece standing with it. It was a component of a neat little show about computers that was in Communicore.

Kinda like most of the Wonders of Life pavilion. No one now knows . . .

OK, I think I remember. A purple robot with circular “eyes?” I think it was the centerpiece of some kind of multiple-choice quiz game.

Yes.

The show was interesting but wasn’t going to age well at all

:exploding_head: I sooooo needed this in my life. Thank you!

4 Likes
8 Likes

Wow! This has been a journey. And yes, it was from that mystery pin box. The other one in the box was Madame Leota, who she recognized right away.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed summary of the show. Sounds like it would have been perfect if they could have somehow migrated it into the theater on the right upper floor as you enter the Land which is pretty much a walk by attraction even when it’s open - which I don’t recall currently…

3 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

I feel like they still use that one from time to time in Disney Channel shorts or something… like, I vaguely recall seeing a promo thing recently featuring a child celebrity or something at Epcot and that robot was in it.

I remember thinking “Woah, how old is this?” but then realizing that the child or whatever was being promoted seemed to place the whole thing in Epcot post-shutdown.

I agree with this about the mid-tiers. That is why I was so excited about the play Pavillion at Epcot. It seemed particularly great for families, and also like they were going to make it flexible enough that it doesn’t get stale. The kinds of things that would be in thay pavillion were what I most remeber about WDW was a kid.

If they could add a C ticket to SWGE (some consider that to be MFSR, but I disagree) and Pandora those lands would make ao much more sense. I don’t understand the new trend toward highly themed lands with just 2 rides.

4 Likes