Hyatt House or Homewood Suites Convention?

Kid-free trip (first ever) for hubby and I in just a few weeks (Mon, Feb 25-Thurs, Feb 28) for my 33rd birthday. We haven’t been to DLR since we were in high school. We have 4-day PHs.

I booked Homewood in a few weeks. Never stayed, but seemed like a good option based on reviews.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites last July as a party of 5 adults in two rooms. We liked it, just wish it was one close enough where you could walk to the parks. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff were friendly. My room faced the Toy Story parking lot, so not much of a view, but you could see the fireworks at night.

The breakfast was typical of what’d you get at a Homewood Suites/Hampton Inn. It got quite crowded around 8:30am and it was sometimes hard to find a seat because of that, but we were also there in the middle of the summer with a bunch of families. On the days we went to the parks we were there around 6:30/6:45am and it was almost empty, so that was nice.

We really only had two issues. The first was that we had picked our rooms online, specifically picking the 5th floor (which is the top) and trying for a fireworks view. When we checked in, we were given rooms on the 4th floor and were told the people in our rooms had chosen to stay an extra night so we couldn’t have those and there were no others available on the 5th floor. They comped our parking for the week because of this though (without us asking) so that worked out for us. We did hear children running/jumping above us throughout the week though, so I would try for 5th floor if at all possible. The other issue was parking. Not a huge deal, but the parking lot was tiny and we often would come back and there would only be one space left, on the opposite side of the building of our rooms. One night we did come back to no spaces and had to valet (which we didn’t pay for because of the room issue, but we would’ve only paid the regular rate anyways). Besides that though, we enjoyed it and were there for 7 nights.

Did you use Toy Story Parking Lot transportation? That is (one of the main) reasons I selected this hotel.

That was one of the reasons we picked it too and didn’t use it. Ha! We drove to the Mickey and Friends garage. But I would assume it would be a good option- it’s literally right there. It was way too hot for us to think about waiting outside and we’ve had bad experiences parking in offsite locations (i.e. having to walk from Pumbaa) before so we didn’t risk it. If we went in better weather and stayed there I’m sure we would.

1 Like

We won’t have a car and no fireworks the days we will be there. Thanks for the tip on requesting the 5th floor for less noise.

I have stayed at homewood and we really liked it. the hotel is fairly new and they have a breakfast and a evening snack/reception with light food and drinks. You are literally right next door to the toy story lot so you only have to walk there to catch a ride to the park. never stayed at the Hyatt.

1 Like

You actually dont have to even park there to catch the bus to the park. we just walked next door and jumped on a bus. saves you the parking fee

Oh yeah, we knew we wouldn’t have to actually park there. It was the walking and waiting for an indeterminable amount of time in the heat that prevented us from doing it.

1 Like