Humorous Conversations with Non-Disney Loving Spouses Regarding Planning

I am starting to get a little anxious about that. With DD24’s graduation in NC just before the trip, I’m managing so many different flights (5 tickets with 4 different itineraries), hotel reservations (5), a rental car, 135 FPs :flushed:, 6 ADRs, a dessert party… I’m starting to dream about it. I have never had a spreadsheet before, just kept track of it on my icalendar, but this time I think that’s not going to work.

So far, DH’s involvement has been handing me his Costco and AAA cards, and he is perfectly fine with that! But I need some organizational help.

This is so funny. We did Europe last summer and I only planned it for like a month. I have been planning Disney for 4 months and it is still 4 months out lol

1 Like

I use my screen grabber and store relevant info on different pages in a spreadsheet. You don’t have to just use it to make lists and charts.

1 Like

That would be an easy way to get the air itineraries saved, there’s quite a bit of necessary detail in there, especially with connections. Thanks!

1 Like

That heart is for the funny conversation, not the pneumonia.

4 Likes

That heart is for wanting to explain what the heart is for :no_mouth:

6 Likes

That heart is for acknowledging her effort to heart responsibly.

4 Likes

I LOVE a good spreadsheet. I even organize my vacation days in a spreadsheet so I can add/delete rows as necessary. That said, I could never imagine organizing a trip like Disney without a spreadsheet and a binder. I was working on my binder last night and got eye-rolls from the family. They enjoy it when they get there, but do not understand all of the pre-planning that is required.

4 Likes

So I took your & @Ariadne’s advice and made a spreadsheet, wow am I glad I did. It was a bit tedious, but It forced me to think about things, timing, etc. I thought I had it all figured out, but once it’s on “paper” it’s easy to see that there are some areas that definitely need adjusting. Not sure I have room to take a binder, but at the very least I always take a folder with hard copies of important things. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yasss spreadsheeeets.

2 Likes

I want to be good at spreadsheets. I use them a lot. But I’m mostly a beginner, doing basic calculations, etc.

I did implement my very first use of an IF() function a few days ago, and only 2 days ago did I learn that you can make references to cells fixed OR relative just by how you reference them. Ugh. Wish I had known that because I did weird stuff to get around this before!

1 Like

You should blow his mind and set up a column where you can select your names, then add a conditional format rule to change the colors automagically!

2 Likes

Oh he’s seen some of my work spreadsheets, complete with glorious pivot tables for all sorts of things, from tracking training to staff holidays… He usually asks “how did you do that” and then his eyes immediately glaze over…! :joy:

1 Like

I’m many years into spreadsheetiness, but still learn new ways around using the mrexcel.com forums.

1 Like

Me too!

2 Likes

Not necessarily about spreadsheets, but when my wife wants me to explain something that is somewhat technical to her, she’ll say, “Can you just give me the ‘in other words’?”

She wants the explanations to be short and simple, which can sometimes be a challenge!

2 Likes

LOL when it comes to Excel I always assume DH doesn’t actually want to know, unless it’s something which literally involves one keystroke and - hey presto (like auto-creating a chart)…

My love for Excel is probably a tad unhealthy, I’ll be the first to admit. This is my mug at work: SpreadsheetMug

Oh, and my Disney planning spreadsheet has 43 tabs… :blush:

8 Likes

Hmm. I think they might make a medication for that…

:smiley:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ha! We are doing London-Tel-Aviv-Paris in June/July and I have done ZERO, other than the flights and our Air B&B rentals :flushed:

2 Likes