Humorous Conversations with Non-Disney Loving Spouses Regarding Planning

Wife: Just don’t drag me around the park like you did last time. I don’t remember anything.
Me: You don’t need to remember anything, cause you saw EVERYTHING.

EXACTLY!!

Cindy said to me one time, and I cherish these words, “There’s no one on earth who could plan a more perfect WDW vacation than you”. But she wants no part in the actual planning (and thinks I’m a bit nuts) but appreciates what I have planned when we get there. The “problem” is that she considers once every 8 or 10 years to be the appropriate interval for going… That’s why she go to visit her family solo (thank God), and I go to WDW solo; it works perfectly for both of us…

10 Likes

My phone pinged, my husband asked who it was. ( We were waiting for our kids to text us to be picked up, he isn’t controlling or anything.;). I told him my niece was telling me where they made their light sabers. HE SAID, “tell her it is like 3 months away”. I just laughed and said “it is 4 months 12 days and I asked her. I have been planning for 4 months already.” I think he is now scared a little:)

4 Likes

You have only been planning for just over 8 months??? Most of us have gone through multiple detailed drafts of our itineraries by then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wish… but the opening of SWGE is making any kind of detailed planning impossible.,.

1 Like

yea. my DH appreciates my planning, but every 6 or 7 years is okay by him. next trip is first in 3 years and he said "we were just there "

2 Likes

Yeah; our last trip was Nov 2014, and I asked DW if she wanted to go with me in Dec 19 and she said no. Oh well; truth be told I kind of enjoy solo trips better anyway…

3 Likes

That’s silly to say. Instead, it allows you to make detailed planning over and over again until you go! :wink:

3 Likes

So some of you may remember my last trip being ruined when I caught pneumonia 2 days into the trip and we cut it a little short. Well, DH has been fighting off something all week and finally went back to Urgent Care yesterday. He goes on some of our Disney trips, but by no means is a fan. Text message conversation back and forth between us while he was at the doctor’s:

Me: How goes it?
DH: Xrays done. Unfortunately no superpowers. (side note: he is a Marvel fan)
Me: And?
DH: Apparently it turns out I’m allergic to Disney items in the house in excess and constantly changing plans. Any idea where that may have come from?
Me: I’m sorry, you need to move then.

And turns out, he’s the last one in the family to fall to the pneumonia.

14 Likes

Love your humor, both yours and your husbands. Sorry everyone got sick and I hope your husband recovers soon.

1 Like

YES!!! We travel with extended family, so I am usually planning Resort rooms, ADR’s and FP for 9-13 people of all ages. No matter what questions I ask, they ALL say, do whatever you think…We LOVE everything you plan! They are not planners, and they think everything just neatly falls into place! My husband will say, “It really doesn’t matter. Just pick one. Whatever we do will be good.”

I use my husband to help me get ADR’s at 6am on our 180 day, and one year he argued with me that morning about how I arranged something, and I was trying to change everything while trying to make ADR’s, so now I force him to be more involved before that day. I found that if I make a spreadsheet that we talk about while he fills it in and it leads him to make a complex formula to do something really complicated like pick the park with the lowest crowd level and align that with our highest ranking ADR, he gets excited about the challenge, and we can actually make some decisions!

5 Likes

Oh if only I had a DH who loved Excel like I do!

A couple of weeks back he was sitting in front of his PC muttering to himself. I went over to see what he was doing - he was going through our credit card statement, marking any spend which wasn’t his by making it bold and red in the spreadsheet. Every time he did this he went to the ribbon, clicked the ‘bold’ button and then the font color dropdown. I asked him why he didn’t just use the format painter. He looked at me like I was speaking to him in Swahili. He’d never even heard of it; I had to explain what it was and show him how to use it… I almost cried. :rofl:

4 Likes

Funny! I’m sorry he got pneumonia too.

1 Like

I do what your husband does … now I need to google format painter!

3 Likes

I write things on notebook paper.
Then lose the paper.

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

I can do you one better. I lose my thoughts before I ever write them on the notebook paper!

4 Likes

Im sure this has been passed around before, but it popped up on my facebook memories. Warning, a couple swears mixed in. Vacation discussion

1 Like

:grin: sounds just like my DH

That’s so funny! My DH wants to cry when he sees me use Excel. That’s how I get him to help…he has this need to make the spreadsheet perfect! He LOVES format painter. I never think to use it, and he will crawl out if his skin watching me try to set something up! HA!