Humorous Conversations with Non-Disney Loving Spouses Regarding Planning

This makes more sense now that I see he wants to escape a dinner to head to Tampa for a hockey game. Takes away your ADR reason.

1 Like

My DH used to be non-Disney, but heā€™s come around. Now we have a division of planning labor. He manages the transportation to Orlando and booking the rooms. I handle the ADRs, TPs and FPPs. This time I sat DH and DSs down and made them tell me the top 5 things they want to do in each park. I promised them that we will at least do everyoneā€™s top thing in each park and see how far we can get on the rest of the requests. DH said he could be paid off to make his #1 thing whatever the payor wants.

3 Likes

When I let slip that I listened to Disney podcasts I got this look. But I realize now if I didnā€™t freely admit to these things, I wouldnā€™t have the same opportunities to go to WDW and DLRā€¦

4 Likes

Last night when discussing our upcoming fall WDW trip (our kids will be 4.5 and 23 months).

Me: I think we should add another day to our trip and stay 6 nights instead of 5. Instead of 4 straight park days, we could add a break day in the middle to sleep in and relax around the resort.

Wife: What made you change your mind?

Me: Well, this guy Mike on the Disney forum (@mikejs78) recently returned from a 5 night trip with his 2 young kids and said that next time he would add an extra day to relax. You remember how it was a challenge last time to wake up early 4 days in a row for rope drop.

Wife (looking at me like Iā€™m nuts): Hold up a second. You have a friend Mike on a Disney forum???

Me: Not a friend, but a guy who posts on the Disney boards. I donā€™t know him at all, but he has a young toddler like us and seems like good guy. He just got back from Disney and I read his trip report.

Wife (now clearly thinking Iā€™m nuts): Okaaaay. Iā€™m not sure I want to stay 6 nights. I was ready to go home by day 5 last trip. And I still donā€™t get this Disney forum thing.

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That made my day.

My wife is very much into Disney, but she thinks Iā€™m a but crazy with the forums and stuffā€¦

:grinning:

9 Likes

I call everyone on Chat/ Forum ā€œmy Disney friendsā€ and yes, I get that look from my family too!!

5 Likes

Me: Iā€™m going to Disney on dates XXXX. You are welcome to come and I would love to have you with me.
DH: OK, as long as we donā€™t do any Disney stuff.

11 Likes

How does one go to Disney and not do Disney stuff?

12 Likes

i rarely say lol, but this did make me laugh out loud and dh asked what i was laughing atā€¦when i told him something on TP forumā€¦he looked at me like i was cray cray

5 Likes

Does it look like US or UK orā€¦? Manchester @missoverexcited? It looks a little like Cardiff, but I am denying all knowledge :joy:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s Manchester, looks like the U.K. though. Iā€™m trying to read the shop signs but I canā€™t!

1 Like

I screen captured the window next to him, still hard to read but the trema dots over the A make me think somewhere in Scandinavia?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s just some sort of advert for Fjallraven (which is a Swedish make, so youā€™re right on the Scandi connection), they sell stuff all over the world. Their backpacks were very much in fashion a few years ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A surprising development ā€¦ my wonderful (but non-Disney fan or planner) wife says to me at dinner last night with regard to our planned fall trip ā€¦ ā€œAre we getting tickets to the Disney Halloween Party?ā€

I havenā€™t not purchased MNSSHP tix because I assumed she wouldnā€™t want to go to the party. So I said ā€œWe havenā€™t talked about that.ā€

She said ā€œDonā€™t you think we should go?ā€

I replied very calmly ā€œSure, I will get ticketsā€, but in my mind I thought ā€œYES!!!ā€ and was doing imaginary summersaults and cartwheels!

13 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I just hear ā€œso any Disney updates that I actually need to know about?ā€ YES STAR WARS IS OPENING!!!

4 Likes

My spouse was at WDW several times back in the days before paper fastpass was even a thing. Iā€™m sure in his mind Disney canā€™t be that different now. He clearly expects great stuff is going to materialize when we get there, though, as heā€™s assured me heā€™ll be very interested once weā€™re there. Excuse me while my eyes positively spin around in my head.

4 Likes

Wife: Just donā€™t drag me around the park like you did last time. I donā€™t remember anything.
Me: You donā€™t need to remember anything, cause you saw EVERYTHING.

6 Likes

This was wise.

Once, not too long ago, I decided to do a cartwheel spontaneously. Well, unfortunately I found out how inflexible I am now compared to when I was young and ended up pulling a few muscles. Was sore for days.

But even worse was a few years ago, when my daughter was outside practicing 1-handed cartwheels, and I told her how I used to be able to do both 1-handed cartwheels as well as aerials.

ā€œWhat are aerials?ā€ she asked.

ā€œKind of like a no-handed cartwheel. Here, let me show you.ā€

And yes. I realize the stupidity of it now, in hindsight. Go ahead and laugh now. Get it out of your system. Because, yes, indeed, I attempted to demonstrate my acrobatic skills from my youth as a 40-year-old man. It was a thing of beauty. That is, until my legs were over my head and the ground was coming at my head much faster than I had anticipated. In one last-ditch effort to save my pride, I shot one of my arms down in hopes to at least make it look like a one-handed cartwheel. This, of course, resulted in a sprained wrist asI landed in a heap.

My daughter still brings it up from time to time, just for a laugh. Because thatā€™s just the kind of family we are. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

1 Like