Humor me and tell me how this looks please? Update post 119

I’ve had a res finder set up for that day for a month or more. I’d prefer CP over BOG though, so that’s how it’s set.

Thank you. I’ve never heard of that one!

I will be at exactly 60, but I was going to first go after FOP on 60+8 and then SDD on 60+6 before trying for 7DMT…

1 Like

Oh right, sorry, I forgot you had the campground reservation. I agree with your FP priorities – I’m so glad we got to ride FOP and SDD. I’m glad we did 7DMT too but having ridden it I don’t feel like it would have been a huge loss to miss it. To me it was a shorter, more themed, less thrilling BTMRR. I love BTMRR so a shorter version of that is still good. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for good luck on your 60day out day!

2 Likes

Hit the nail on the head there! I couldn’t figure out what they hype was about!

3 Likes

Sniff. Sniff.
I loved 7DMT. :heart:
I loved the theming and the speed.

2 Likes

Ditto!! I do not get the obsession with this ride.

3 Likes

Yes. This. Your plan has you going back and forth quite a bit. Personally, I think I’d re-arrange things so that you are doing, as much as possible, things that are in similar areas of the park around the same time. You can’t always pull that off, of course. But if you re-arrange things manually, use evaluate not optimize.

You can also try switching your options to Minimize Walking instead of balanced, as well as set your walk time to relaxed and optimize that way to see if it gives you a better plan with less walking.

Also, I noticed that you have 0 free time between attractions. That’s actually quite efficient in some ways, but leaves no margin of error. The only “break” you have in there is for lunch. But you might want to insert a break or two (even if only 15-20 minutes) into the mix for time to rest as well as to allow for unexpected delays.

I’d prefer CP to BOG all day long as well, but, for a cup of coffee and maybe a kid’s breakfast for the kids, you get a theoretical FP for SDMT, and a possible walk on somewhere else.

2 Likes

The video is almost better than the ride, but for kids of a certain age, (and maybe even me too) the theming is great. That said, last trip, we skipped it with no regrets.

Hi HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 Like

Hmm. You don’t have Haunted Mansion. Is that intentional? That is an absolute must-do for us!

You also don’t have People Mover. :frowning:

2 Likes

Haunted Mansion - ride it once (2000) and it freaked me out. My sister and DD15 will likely visit that while I’m doing other things with DDs.

We only have one, shorter, MK day this trip vs normal two day touring. (Nine hours vs 20-22.) I have to chop things we’d normally make room for. No Hall of Presidents or People Mover or COP… just favorites.

I’m also concerned not enough for characters. We love characters.

I will employ lots of what’s suggested here and am looking forward to @drvillarejos assessment.

@seebee good point about BOG. Maybe I’ll set up a res finder for it instead of CP… need to evaluate that other site’s res finding options.

Thank you for looking Liners!

1 Like

We just did DLR last year and I am less interested in doing everything than usual.

1 Like

I created a plan using yours as a guide, but reducing the walking. I also added an additional rest period as well as changed the FPP selections to ones you are more likely able to get that still saves you a lot of time.

While the walking time is technically HIGHER on this plan, that is because I set the walking speed as relaxed. If you notice, there is far less zig-zagging involved.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3821378

2 Likes

I should point out I only did that so that you can see a plan that still gets everything in even if you can’t get the “difficult to get” FPs. But obviously, you could save even more time if you find FPs for things like PPF, Space Mountain, or SDMT around the times in the plan! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you share a TP? I can screen shot it and post if it’s too complicated. I did 2, all depends on that 7DMT FP opp. If you don’t get one right away, you can also check back often and try snagging one. I’ve read people have luck around 36-31 days out, people modifying before the 30 day mark, when there are even less choices to modify.

1 Like

Edit it, and then there will be an option (checkbox) to make it public. Once you save the edit, there will be a link you can post.

2 Likes

Thanks @ryan1! First plan assuming u can get a FP for 7DMT- Disney and Universal Touring Plans
Second plan, assuming you can’t-
Disney and Universal Touring Plans

1 Like

Ooo. I can’t wait to look at these.
I’m a crazy person right now running all over town looking at my phone in lines and while waiting in car for kids!

1 Like

Yes! LOL. I had meetings this morning but my afternoon is slow. I keep going between TP, the weather, and the little bit of work I have left for today!

Also got M&G in!

1 Like

You missed Splash Mountain. :confused:

1 Like