Hugely controversial decision

Again with the clickbait titles.

Now that I’ve been confronted with the reality of FPP booking even at 60 days, I’m beginning to realise that DHS/TSL has the potential to be a catastrophe on the day I’ve scheduled it — Saturday 30th, the day TSL opens.

But then I saw that @OBNurseNH has been on the Wild Africa Trek and it got me thinking.

Bearing in mind I’m going back to WDW next year — and staying at BC, with easy walking access to DHS, and with 60+4 day FPP possibilities — I’m considering removing DHS from my schedule altogether.

This would be the only way I could get the WAT into my schedule. (This assumes there’s availability, of course.)

Question: Does WAT beat TOT+RNR+TSMM+HBD+F!

You should do the WAT and do TSL next year. I wouldn’t step foot in HS on June 30th!

6 Likes

This is having major implications for the plan! The last half of my trip is basically getting totally rewritten!

It was definitely one of the most cool things Ive been lucky to do.

2 Likes

That’s the fun of planning!

@OBNurseNH. Yiur pictures are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them, I’ve been following along.

So should I stay at CR or BC?

1 Like

Matt you know as well as any of us that you should go to toy story land and at least walk through. I’ll be there on the 26th hoping for a soft opening just to walk through (in my case scooter through). You have the opportunity to look back 20 years from now and say “I WAS THERE WHEN” If you have PH I would do both that day.

2 Likes

BC! Although in fairness CR does nothing for me

1 Like

So the new plan is making more sense to me . . .

I’m going to go to DHS/TSL on my last morning, the 2nd July. I get FPP at 60+1 for that day. That should — surely? — get me at least TSMM, if not SDD. (I also get EMH for DHS that day, though I don’t think I’m willing to get up early enough to use it.) Crowd levels are predicted to be 8, as opposed to 10 for opening day.

The 30th June is now my Epcot day. Crowd levels are predicted to be 5.

This totally frees up the 1st, which is the day I’m staying at the CR. I’ve always been uncomfortable with the fact that I’m spending an unconscionable amount of money to stay there, yet I’d barely actually be in the building. Now I’m free to make the most of what it has to offer — including watching HEA from my balcony. And I can walk to MK if I want — I’ll make some FPPs, just in case.

7 Likes

Beach Club, all the way.

1 Like

I like your new plan. I liked your old one too. Changing plans as your ideas about what you want to do shifts is good! All Disney plans are great, in my opinion. As long as you have one, you’re golden!

3 Likes

I believe this is how cable news would treat this: “BREAKING NEWS!! @profmatt is rewriting his touring plan!!” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You might want to keep an eye open for today’s instalment of my FPP booking attempts.

2 Likes

I’m staging an intervention. Again.

3 Likes

Agree on staying away from HS on the 30th. I am planning on making a beach day even, gettin the heck outta dodge!

3 Likes

I imagine they will be live streaming like they did for Pandora. I will watch from home :slight_smile: And probably with a Toy Story movie marathon!

Actually, the cable news headline would be:

“BREAKING NEWS!! The Internet is losing it’s mind over @profmatt’s new changes. You won’t believe what he’s done!”

5 Likes

WAT is perhaps the single best thing I’ve ever done at WDW (except maybe the V&A Chef’s Table).

2 Likes

Right?! It was definitely the way to close out our trip!

Just viewing the photos they took on our Trek this morning. They took nearly 200 photos, many candids, and they were phenomenally invisible about it!

3 Likes

That sounds a little more like Facebook click-bait to me. But then again, the ultimate click-bait would be “@profmatt uses THIS ONE WEIRD TRICK to make perfect WDW plans and lose 50 lbs!” :wink:

7 Likes

With ads for chinos plastered all over the page :joy:

6 Likes