Https://wdwnt.com/2022/08/first-walt-disney-world-cultural-representatives-arrive-in-florida-as-program-finally-returns/

15 Likes

FINALLY!!!

Complete sentence.

6 Likes

I seem to have gotten some pixie dust in my eyes at this news. I’m so, so happy!

6 Likes

I am hoping that the gift shops and restaurants in World Showcase will soon be staffed by the cultural representatives.

4 Likes

Maybe Norway will reopen then. ( Akershus Royal Banquet Hall).

5 Likes

That’s what I want! And, I want the sandwiches back at Kringla.

4 Likes

That is so exciting!!!

2 Likes

That used to be my go to WS qs meal. I really hope they come back.

2 Likes

Not only is this great news for Epcot, but it should go a long, long way at addressing many of the staffing shortages Disney has had. Now all the cast members who had been working World Showcase can go fill other, needed positions.

8 Likes

Very happy about this. WS just wasn’t the same. June 2021, my last trip, was pretty light on merchandise, too, so hopefully that had improved in the past year.

1 Like

This is great news. However the first Cultural Exchange Programme participants actually arrived back in June. The official Disneyprogramslife Instagram account documented their arrival on June 14th.

Perhaps the difference is these arrivals are new participants, whilst those that have been arriving since June are returning participants who had their time cut short.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cey-1EXuAL7/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=a9143164-bb35-4e56-866c-6bffbcbdb278&ig_mid=CAA7F271-44C2-4872-8F1E-74ECB15D3D0C

4 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. DD has been working with a few for weeks!

1 Like

Yes!

I was 99% certain a Liner had a son or daughter on the program. Just wasn’t sure who.

So I’m not going mad. Well, not on this anyway. :wink:

1 Like

This is what Epcot has been missing. It’s just not the same without the cultural reps.

3 Likes

Where’s she working? If you don’t mind me asking.

I remember last trip we met two Scottish girls, one in the Rose and Crown and one at the Mara, both from Edinburgh. And it turned out one of them was a friend of my friend’s daughter - if that makes sense.

She is at Winnie the Pooh and Teacups. She is still in college so only part time and works Fri, Sat and Sun.

2 Likes

Awww, nice assignments.

1 Like

Could someone who’s been to WS recently provide an update on which of the cultural reps have returned at this point? As best I can tell a few of the countries are still missing, like Japan, China, Mexico. Is that still the case (no pun intended)? This is actually a make or break part of our decision to book an early spring trip this year…

Japan definitely has them back. It was a real treat to interact with them this weekend.

1 Like