Https://wdwnt.com/2021/12/sunshine-flyer-to-debut-as-new-motorcoach-service-in-2022/

3 Likes

I appreciate the donation that they will be giving to Make a Wish mentioned in the article.

1 Like

I like the theming. If it’s reliable and fun, I’d happily take this over Mears “the corporate bus to a vacation” Connect. Price isn’t that bad either, $17 each way.

2 Likes

$34 round trip isn’t terrible.

What I’m wondering is whether Mears and Disney have come to any agreement about letting Mears phase out the livery and other theming on their buses over time, or if they’ll have to remove 100% of the trademarked materials before start of business on January 2nd. I guess their volume will probably drop significantly, and maybe they have enough unthemed buses to cover demand. But I hope someone posts photos of that first day to see.

1 Like

Isn’t it roughly the same as the Mears Connect option?

I seem to recall when I last looked that Mears Connect was going to run just a bit more than $110 for a family of 4?

2 Likes

Yeah, FME is $32 round trip per adult.

2 Likes

I’ve already booked Mears, I think it was $32 round trip.

1 Like

So then the thing that one has to ask themselves is: do you go with a company that is offering a new product but which has been around for ages and ages (and in places outside of Orlando, too) or with an entirely new company that sounds like it may be overpromising? Something about their language in the article I read (not WDWNT, but Attractions Magazine) rubbed me the wrong way.

Meh. Someone go check it out and report back. I’ll drive myself this next trip.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah so I thought about that too, but reading the release on their website (TMS) I’m less concerned:

“By combining our 25 years of expertise in mass transportation management with a creative, themed experience, we have the unique opportunity to offer an experience that’s both stress-free and engaging,” said Frank Sherman, CEO of TMS. “Turning what used to be a procedural drive into the beginning of an adventure to remember, is incredibly rewarding for our team. Together with our transportation partners Academy Bus, LLC., and Empire Coach, we look forward to giving Disney guests the chance to kickstart their vacation with a fun, unique travel experience from the moment they step off the plane.”

With 25 years of experience as a large events transportation company working with world-class events such as the FIFA World Cup, NBA Finals and various PGA TOUR Tournaments, TMS is primed to offer a streamlined and well-executed service through The Sunshine Flyer. The busses service all Disney resorts and are complete with a bathroom, USB chargers and three-point seatbelts for the comfort and safety of all guests. Ahead of travel, guests will book their tickets online and receive a QR code they will scan once arriving at Orlando International Airport which will ensure smooth timing and departures to the Resorts.

2 Likes

That movie is an underrated classic.

2 Likes

totally off topic, isn’t Disney+ developing a series/movie/reboot of it?

1 Like

I remember hearing something about that …

Google search brings me this:

2 Likes

hell yeah! Let’s fast-track that!

Need that more than we need another Doogie Howser reboot (da heck was that?).

1 Like

So the one plus to this locomotive thing is that it looks like it will definitely be buses. Mears is losing half my party in Jan because they can’t guarantee that they won’t be in a smaller vehicle requiring car seats. We won’t use this (not open yet) but we won’t use Mears either.

2 Likes

Wait so Mears isn’t just using the buses? I had a horrible experience once with a huge passenger van and that is always my fear with shared ride services.

Basically, depending on volume, they reserve the right to change the vehicle type. I’m curious to see how often it actually happens in practice. We are traveling in mid Jan - so not really enough time to risk it.

2 Likes

Yeah I would not either.

If I remember I’ll post on Jan 1. Flying into MCO @ 11:45am

2 Likes