HS - super busy / long waits

So why on weekends when there is no park pass availability left for AP holders is HS given a 1 CL and other parks that have availability are given a 2 or a 3? The reverse logic that must be being used is confusing me.

1 Like

The crowds were ridicules pre-covid and wait times for the best rides were at least 90 minutes if you didn’t have FP’s.

We have been back a good amount post covid.
Weekdays are significantly lower wait times.
The last few times we went were short half days on Sundays and we were able to rope drop 2 or 3 rides before the lines start to get long.

We have snuck over a few times on weekdays and its dead in my opinion.

The last multiple day trip was about a month ago. We spent the night Thursday and hit HS first thing Friday at rope drop. Was able to ride every ride, ROTR,MFSR,SDD,TOT,RRC, TSM,RRC, MMR.
We were there all day, starting with SSD, then MFSR and were off them in less then 1 hour. The ride lines started to build. We had reservations at Olgas at 11:00.
After that, when a line wait was :30 or :45 minutes we would head over to that ride, watching the MDE app frequently. I found every time the wait times were less then reported.

With all that said, I haven’t been since labor day, when it looked ridicules.
Were going back Tuesday to MK, to catch the decorations.
Were taking the kids straight from school, so we well get there around 3-3:30.

I will try to do a trip report to accurately show the experience.

7 Likes

Hey G, please clarify because neither of your acronyms are on the acronyms page. What is MMRR and TSM ??

Are you suggesting those be our first two destinations for our day at HS? Thanks, Craig

MMRR = Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

TSM = Toy Story Mania

1 Like

Thanks PMB for this encouraging report from a local. I look forward to following your tips and having a good week at WDW. Craig

Clarification part 2.

What is SSD and MFSR ??

Those are not in the TP acronyms list.

thanks much, Craig

SSD = Solid State Drive :crazy_face:
SDD = Slinky Dog Dash
MFSR = Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run

1 Like

Sometimes I find it helpful to open the Touring Plans page that lists a park’s attractions. I figured out most of the abbreviations that way.

2 Likes

I get the Solid State Drives reference - I got a couple of those.

1 Like