HS Slink dog - worth the long wait?

ASS? Really? I thought that was a just a standard carnival ride. In full disclosure I have never ridden it but my expectations are low- hmph. Maybe I am underestimating this one.

1 Like

I would wait up to 50 minutes for SDD, but mostly if my kids were there. It is surprisingly fun! Nowhere near as thrilling as Velocicoaster or Hagrid, or even RnRC. But still worth trying and see what your family thinks. Once you’ve tried it you’ll know how much to invest in it for the next time. My kids absolutely loved it and it is now a must do every time we are at HS, including multiple days at HS in a single trip.

That said, I agree you’re better off at RD, LL, or park close to avoid standing in a long line for this one. There is shade, but it’s one of the least comfortable lines at WDW.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s worth a long wait.
I don’t even know if the long, twisting queue is actually just elaborate theming.

All I know is that “Slink Dog” could be an awesome nickname. Just sayin’

1 Like

Isn’t that funny, the very different thoughts on if it’s worth it.

I love it. DH loves it. DS loves it, until the end which always makes him queasy. Then he’s ok with never riding it again. Until his dad and I go on again.

With as much as we love it as a family, we will only go on it with a LL/DAS/VIP. It’s barely worth the 15 minutes for us.

Nothing is worth over 15 minutes of waiting.

Except pretzels. And only if I’m the one doing the waiting. Then they can wait all day long :rofl:

3 Likes

You’re really not.

2 Likes

There isn’t a whole lot to ASS, but overall I had more fun on it than SDD. And don’t get me wrong, SDD is fine. Just… underwhelming. Much like SDMT. You ride it, and go, “is that it?”. Definitely not worth a long wait.

2 Likes

Pretty much but my daughter said it was her favorite ride from all parks so it’s a must do.

3 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me how my views are almost always in diametric opposition to those of @ryan1 and @missoverexcited.

SDD is a must-do for me. I think it’s wonderfully fun and very Disney. You want wild rides? Go to Six Flags.

I love the theming. I love it during the day. I love it at night. I’ve ridden it six times in a row. (I should have stopped at five.)

6 Likes

I highly doubt that is the case. In fact, we probably agree more than disagree. It is just you notice and pay attention to the disagreeing more than the agreeing. If you look at a beautiful painting, it is hard not to notice a bit of graffiti in the corner even though it is a miniscule part of the canvas!

4 Likes

The thread title reminded me that on of my kids used to call the ride “stinky dog”

We’ve only been on it once, the younger one was 5 at the time and was a bit scared by it. so that kind of took our focus away from the ride but I’d classify it as ok, not in our top 5 in HS.

2 Likes

We were on it once for the first time last trip. We rope dropped it. It was a cute ride and I would definitely go for it again when and if we return to WDW. It was faster than I expected, based on reports. I liked it better than Space Mountain and 7dmt. I agree with an earlier comment that waiting 50 minutes would depend on the situation. I mean, we did wait 45 minutes or so before the ride opened at rope drop, but we also didn’t miss out on other attractions we wanted to do that day.

2 Likes