HS Quick Service Dinner?

We are having a big Table Service lunch at Mama Melrose’s for our HS day, but the quick service options are not looking all that fabulous to us. ABC looks like the best option for something that isn’t deep-fried or a hot dog. Any input greatly appreciated!

HS is pretty much renowned for its mediocre quick service offerings. I’d say the best we have had was the offerings on Sunset Boulevard across from Fantasmic! - I think it is “Rosie’s All American Cafe” - frankly it is nothing special at all but it is edible. For best results make sure you’re quite hungry. On our next trip we will likely also try PizzeRizzo for the environment. My understanding is it is the same mediocre pizza left over from Pizza Planet, but it is at least fun to look at the decorations…

1 Like

We really like Backlot Express, but ABC is fine and as @Damavs says Rosie’s is good. Well that’s not quite what they said but we’ve had good meals there.

I actually think HS is better than MK for QS!

1 Like

Similarly found mediocre options. Fortunately, we had SW dessert party and they had a few savory items as well. Better to go to dessert party hungry and thirsty anyways. :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm…We’ve always had a soft spot for Pecos Bill and really liked it prior to it’s “Chipotle-zation” (haven’t been there since then though). I’d also highly recommend Columbia Harbour House over any offerings at HS. Now the TS offerings at HS we do generally prefer over MK.

If you could skip out of HS for a little while a great compromise might be a boat ride/walk to the Boardwalk and eating QS there. Probably too time consuming to be worthwhile, but I’m sure you would find better eats there than at HS. And in general I’d say the same about eating at MK - skipping out on the monorail for awhile seriously upgrades the food game and avoids the crowds. Something to think about if schedule permits…

1 Like

I haven’t been there since the change either, and I don’t like CHH. We didn’t do any QS at MK last trip.

2 Likes

You can eat on the patio at the Brown Derby. Small plate meals. I usually get a Cobb salad. It issmaller than the indoor version.

1 Like

What?? Patio on brown derby is QS?

2 Likes

I think the best answer is “sort of” - it is walk up so you don’t need/can’t have an ADR. But if on the dining plan you won’t get to eat there for QS credits (Disney Dining plan not accepted at all). So if looking for flexible dining options at HS, it may be optimal, but not using DDP…

1 Like

Here is a link to the HBD Lounge menu in case the OP is not on the Dining Plan and the Lounge might be a good option for them:

2 Likes

Patio. I have eaten there two or three times. Have also been indoors.

1 Like

Thank you all SO much! This information is great! I think we are gonna try to stop in at this Brown Derby Patio and try the sliders if the place isn’t terribly busy. Definitely feeling a little more confident that we will find something good to eat at HS, and much more open to the other QS options now that I’ve heard some of the feedback posted here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also check out Fairfax Faire. They have some different options.

1 Like

That’s another place who’s menu looked really good to me!

1 Like

I was asking the same question yesterday and read somewhere that the best Hollywood Studios Quick Service restaurant for the dining plan is at Epcot.
Not so helpful but I thought it was funny enough to share.

I think we are going with Backlot Express if we can’t score a second ADR for the Sci-Fi drive in.

1 Like

If they open at 11 get there then to get a table quickly.

That’s my plan too.