HS plans, does this look reasonable?

I’m afraid I must stop associating with you and your family from this point forward. Anyone who eschews a roller coaster like that we just simply cannot maintain a relationship with, I’m afraid. I hope you understand. It’s not professional, it’s personal.

:wink:

Hahaha! You have take pity on us, it’s our first trip and they don’t know what they’re missing. They may see the error of their ways once they get to the park - don’t give up on us yet! :laughing:

After obsessing over planning this day for the past week, I am taking your advice and have booked Whispering Canyon at 5pm and I’m going to drop our HDDR for that day. I don’t want to feel like I have to rush people out of the park if they are having fun. I think having a 4pm reservation would make us feel rushed, with no time to rest before dinner. I have been having so much fun planning this vacation that I am 100% planning to go back, I will put it on my “next time” list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Frozen’s a big theater.
I begrudgingly scheduled it for the fam, but I read that it was very funny, and figured my wife would really like it.
We ALL loved it. It was as funny as everyone says. Even the 10 yr old boy was laughing a LOT. It really is as good as everyone says. I would kind of consider it a “don’t miss” as a break/show (ability to hunt for extra fastpasses, too.) Read up on it. All the reports of it being a riot are true. But, if you’re definitely going back, perhaps it’ll be something to look forward to.

Or there is now character dining at artist point. You might want to read up on both, if you haven’t. Some people are put off by the antics at whispering canyon

Yes! I really want to see the Frozen show - I think I want to see it more than anyone else in the family, including DD5 :smile: I’m thinking that allowing for a later dinner will free us up to be able to stay for Frozen and Indiana Jones as long as everyone is up for it.

Do you know what time you need to get to Frozen in order to get in? Our TP has us arriving right at 11:30, for the 11:30 show. I feel like we might not be able to get in?

I actually have a reservation finder request in for the Snow White dinner that night. If we get it, I’ll take it because DD5 will love it, she doesn’t know it exists, so there won’t be any disappointment if we don’t get the reservation.

1 Like

We made it in with a few minutes to spare, and got decent seats (towards the right, but about halfway back). This was the week after Thanksgiving, and a low CL day, so I’d give a little more cushion to be safe :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response! I’ll try to get everyone to hurry right there, or else wait for the next show.

smart mom

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better about your choice, my parents took my brother and I do HDDR when I was 10 y/o back in the early 80’s. My brother and I thought the show was terribly boring. I have never been back to HDDR since then because I have such bad memories of the only time I was bored in WDW (other than standing in lines).

My 3.5 y/o daughter has learned too much about available attractions from the Disney Holiday and Christmas specials. She asks to go on rides I’ve never mentioned to her before or taken her on. She is fixated on going to SDD next trip and it will depend whether we get FP+ for it. Much better if they don’t know what exists!

1 Like

Yes! No one will cry about what they are missing, if they don’t even know it exists :slight_smile: For a parent, ignorance can be bliss!