HS planning is giving me fits

That is exactly what Disney is trying to do. You get a lot of people in a show, lessening the strain on the lines for the rides. It is just that after years and years, they need to mix up the shows to draw back those who have seen them.

I’m not so sure DAH will make a come back for a little while. There will be 3 new complicated rides that need to be broken in. My DH is a maintenance mechanic and he thinks they are going to want those rides at night to rest and make tweaks as needed, especially with EMHs being implemented. EMM at TSL is a different story, but they may not due to the boarding pass situation. There was quite an issue with that during AM EMH.

1 Like

I feel your pain, but unfortunately I don’t think things will resolve by May. The crowd/line issues may be worse with MMRR opening in March. We are going in October and I don’t think it will be better by then either. I will be going with DD5 and DS2 so I have the same “no long lines” issue. My current plan is to skip SWGE and MMRR and focus on TSL. We’ll try to get a FP for SDD at 60+4 or 60+5 and RD TSMM followed by A2S. We had fun is DHS last year without RotR and MMRR so I’ll just pretend they don’t exist yet this year. Not ideal, but probably the most practical.

3 Likes

I worried more about our HS day than anything else at our visit in Nov. I too have kids and was worried about lines and stamina etc. It worked out fine (of course, ROTR wasn’t open yet though). Crowd level was predicted as 10 and may have been, but we had our ADRs for lunch and dinner plus an Ogas later, and 3 FP that we liked. We ended up not even using the last one b/c we got tired and took a mid day break, unexpected. But the day worked out great b/c everyone liked what we did. We did not get anywhere close to doing all of the rides but we’d been there before and done some. I was really upset when they changed the tiering long after I’d booked the trip but overall it didn’t really matter. This was our first trip in 4 yrs and I don’t know when we’ll be back and I was ok with the way the day went.

1 Like

I like your attitude! I’m already stressing about our HS time. It’s already really hard to plan a day there, and our group wants to do all the headliners (MFSR, ROTR, Ogas, SDD, TSMM, ST, MMRR, TOT, RNRC, Frozen and Muppets). Trying to figure out how to carve out more time in HS by hopping over in the evening but not sure that will help. Luckily (or not) I have a long time before our trip in fall 2020

That does sound stressful! Can you carve out a second morning for DHS? RD RofR on one day (plus a Tier 1 FP) and RD MMRR (plus a Tier 1 FP) the other? I would think you could then add everything else on to your full day and the other day would be over by the end of the morning.

Unfortunately skipping SWGE isn’t an option for us. My husband is a fan and although he’ll be flexible with outcomes based on availability and kids’ tolerance/fatigue, we will definitely try to incorporate it as much as we can.
We have a longish stay planned (8 park days…none will be all day endeavors) so I’m hoping a SDD FP happens (60+6 or 60+3) and I haven’t even considered MMRR yet! Our 60+6 day also happens to have a CL2 predicted, so I’m hoping that’s the reality. I’ll keep hoping for EMM to come back at TSL until I can’t hope any longer! :joy:

In the end, this. 100% this. But until then, I stress! :joy:

I’m thinking this is probably the only way to go (unless we skip all bathroom and food breaks and go open to close :rofl::rofl:). I have a few months before I have to settle on ADRs and PHs. I’ll be watching other’s plans. It will be interesting to see how MMRR, SDD, and ROTR divide up crowds moving forward.

Me too. I think it will be back in one form or another, but probably not until RofR and MMRR are up and running consistently since that time and energy needs to be devoted to those rides for now.

Disney has a big opportunity to have 2 DAH going on simultaneously. Once for TSL and one for SWGE with separate tickets required. I suspect they could charge $200+ per night per person for SWGE and it would sell out. How could Disney pass up the opportunity for selling 2 areas of the park twice in one day?!?

I’m not entirely sure but once the Galactic Cruiser hotel or whatever it’s called opens, I think guests get exclusive access. So I’m thinking they may get a min hour before and after park closes to themselves. We shall see.

I’m interested in people’s thoughts on this as well.