HS mornings, park hop afternoons?

4 girls should love Toy Story land and Frozen sing a long, and new railway. That’s about it at HS. I would ask why the emphasis to get on ROTR? maybe focus more on their age appropriate attractions, at other parks, this year and ROTR next trip when they are all a little older.

A 1-year-old probably isn’t going to be able to ride RotR but there is a good chance the 10-year-old will love it!

1 Like

I am trying out this exact plan the first week of January. I will try to remember to update here on how it went. If you don’t hear from me, feel free to reach out!

3 Likes

We had Park Reservations for HS two days this week (1/3 and 1/5) and got ROTR boarding groups both days (6 and 26 respectively). This worked out very well for us as we hopped to Epcot in the evenings for dinner and snacks. I would keep a full day reserved for MK as we hopped from AK to MK a little before 2PM on another day and I found MK a little too crowded to be enjoyable. I prefer to rope drop MK for the headliners but we didn’t have the luxury of a full day in MK and AK so we opted to rope drop AK for FOP.

4 Likes

Congrats on the BGs! Any tips? Did you have any trouble going through the screens?

I have had practice as this was my 3rd trip since ROTR opened and that certainly helps. I rebooted my phone, turned off WIFI, made sure I had a strong cell signal, used a world clock and hit JOIN at exactly 2 seconds before 7:00. When I stayed at Pop I had to go outside to get a strong signal. This time I was at Riviera and the signal was fine inside the room.

5 Likes

I’m now debating changing my Epcot morning to MK. I think we will want two mornings there. I’m wondering if we could hop to Epcot a couple of evenings to get the rides done there through the week.

I am all about the kids at Disney, but I do like to ride my favorites at least once. I really want to ride ROTR. We haven’t been to either park since GE opened. If we get a boarding group the first day, I may change our second day at HS to another park depending on my kids vote.

(We plan on rider swapping every ride with a height requirement)

2 Likes

I talked with my girls a bit about the ride to prep them. My 5 and 7 year olds wanted to watch a video. They checked a couple times that they couldn’t get hurt and the lasers weren’t real we had to watch it twice. :laughing: but my 10 year old wanted it to be a surprise.

1 Like

We are here now (mid Jan 2021). No special tip needed. Group of 5, three of us tried. All 3 got the blue"join"

1 Like

so with 3 trying you were able to get a boarding group? i’m trying to decide how many need to try in our group of 4.