HS FPP Dilemma

Super excited that we get to make a short notice trip to WDW because of a family member’s work. Staying at a fab hotel, just not a WDW one. So this is first time to be reliant on FPP at 30 days. For HS specifically, we know that at 30 days, we won’t get SDD. If I want to try for SDD with same day FPP drop, must we be in the HS park to try for it? Can we be elsewhere? Any other ideas for snagging a SDD FPP? Did I mention that the park will be a CL 9 or 10, regardless of which day we go? Boy, do I miss EMM at HS! Thanks.

Obviously you need to have a 1T FPP available to be able to do a SD SDD hunt, so either you’ve finished your FPP at another park and try for same day drop of a 4th FPP or you haven’t made any other FPP for that day. Either way you can do it without being in the park, ‘cause you’re FPP-less at that point.

That’s what I’m wondering. What if we are FPP-less going into the day? I wonder if we can be at our hotel and attempting for the drop.

You should be able to without problem! You can give it a try with tomorrow’s same day drop if you have the tickets already linked!

1 Like

Yes you can. Or you can be in another park with at least 1 available FP for booking open. Or you can be 1000 miles away. It will all work :wink:

1 Like

Or, you can make the best FPP you are able now and try to modify your Tier 1 the same day, or use them all and then try to get 4th FPP. Especially on a busy day you will want as many FPP as possible at HS. I would make the best early FPP possible in advance, then try to RD SDD if I could get there early. And try to get another ride on SDD if you want from same day drop.

2 Likes

The trouble with waiting to book on a busy day is that you might have trouble getting early Tier 2 FPP and then may not be able to take advantage of the same day drops.

1 Like

Watch for park hours to be extended. If they get extended, new FPs usually drop into the system shortly after!

2 Likes