HS dining

Hey everyone. I am at HS and ds8 would like to eat at restaurant. Of course, everything is booked. Any tricks I might be able to use to get in?

Anywhere with sit down dining will do. Thx.

I don’t know any tricks, but I would try walking up at an off time, maybe mid-afternoon? Good luck!!

If you haven’t tried calling (407-WDW-DINE), the best bet is to just do walk-ups and ask when the next available is.

Online right now, I’m seeing availability at Hollywood and Vine for 4:15 and Sci-Fi at 4:35.
Also Brown Derby at 7 PM, H&V at 5:50 and 6:35 (so they probably have a LOT of walk-up availability), and Sci-Fi for 5:50.

Another option would be to take a boat over to the Swan or Dolphin and grab a sit-down meal there.

At the Swan and Dolphin, you’ve got 5 PM times showing online for Garden Grove, Il Mulinno, Shula’s, and bluezoo. I’ve also never had a problem getting a walk-up at The Fountain, and Picabu is a quick option for QS buffeteria.

Thank you so much!

You can order entrees from the bar at 50’s Prime Time Cafe. Not sure how you feel about taking your son to a bar, but it’s not unusual to see children there in Disney World. Think of it as an old fashioned lunch counter.

Brown Derby Lounge (outside tables) likely available on short notice. I’m not sure the menu is ideal for children, but they may have a kids menu (I didn’t ask when I ate there). Good food and if the weather’s pleasant it’s a nice place to eat (unless there’s an obnoxiously loud stage show going on).

If you want to take a break from the parks, then there’s usually plenty of table service options available at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk resorts, which are accessible by boat or foot, about 20 minutes from the Studios.